Detailing Discuss keeping your bike looking brand new here.

Turtle Wax Ice Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 08:08 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Turtle Wax Ice Questions

Hello All,
I'm displeasedwith regular paste Turtle Wax and the liquid Blue Coral that I have not holding up very well or lasting very long. Doesn't matter if it's the bike, truck or wifey's car they just don't seem to last. After looking at some posts here and because of easy availability, I picked up some Turtle Wax Ice yesterday.

Before I give this a try any special tips that you guys using this stuff can pass along? I'm also interested in how you guys feel about using the Ice on chrome. Normally on new chrome I do three coats and install the new parts using latex gloves. Perhaps that is being a little to **** and iswaste of time, I dunno. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Old 08-11-2007, 10:55 PM
2swild
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Turtle Wax Ice Questions

I've been using this stuff for about a year now and I absolutley love it. Believe it or not it works really well on chrome and it especially works really well on black parts such as theswitches inside the housings. In addition, Ice will not clog up the crevices so you will not have to take the time and dig out excess chrome polish inbetween the cracks. Compared to Mothers chrome polish I think it makes it shine much better. It seems like everyone on this site has a giant bonner for Mothers, personally I think the stuff sucks on chrome and I am **** compared to most people about cleaning my bike and keeping that way. However,I will admit that I do clean my chrome with some other type of chrome polisher every so many weeks. Lately I have been using Mothers, which i will never buy again, but I have also using s100 which is ok, and neverdull which is ok as well. I have found some chrome polish that I have never used before, but after asking around everybody loves them. The first is called Hoosier Metal Polish, thesecond is English Metal polishand the third is White Diamond Metal Polish. Try these if you can they came highly recommened to me.

Old 08-12-2007, 07:16 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll try and see if some of those polishes that you mentioned for the chrome are available around here. I have been using Semi-Chrome vary sparingly with good results. It cleans very well and have not noticed that it scratches the chrome. The protective layer is not very long lasting tho. Thanks for the tip .

Old 08-12-2007, 12:28 PM
3Dog
Tourer

The ICE is a polymer blend not a wax as you previously used.
You should only need to polish your chrome maybe at most twice a year. If you seal your chrome with a polymer (ICE) then polish is only going to remove it.

ECP's line of polishes along with Master Formula are IMO the best there is.

Old 08-12-2007, 12:42 PM
2swild
Tourer

3dog what is ecp's line that you are talking about. What about the Master formula, where can I get it.