Custom Models All custom bikes.

Need help with build a bike

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012 | 07:54 PM
KennyBranch4x4
|
Stage I
Default Need help with build a bike

hello all, i happen to have alot parts sitting around collecting dust and would like to build a bike that light and fun to ride around on back roads and still handle cruising duty

Anyways i have 103 ci motor from a dyna,and have spare 103ci head from touring model but i will most likely convert to carb to make it simply and cheaper but what kinda frame should i be looking for? Ive been told a rigid frames but i dont know how those would handle only other ive seen are aftermarket soft tail frames and i dont know if my motor will work with those frames and what transmission should i be looking for? Would like to run a 6 speed or a baker dd7 any help would be awesome

Old 12-13-2012 | 02:44 AM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member

Well first.
A twincam motor will fit into a ftermarket frame that fits and evo, but will require an adapter for the rear mount. A twincam motor is offset so a primary spacer will be needed.

Any evo softail style transmission is what you want but it will require spacing. The dd6 is a great choice. The dd7 I believe, is just a gearset. SO if you get a evo softail case it should fit with some case modification for clearence. But baker is best place to call for advice on that seeing as they make them.

As far as the head interchangability on the motors......touring heads have mounts for the frame. Dyna's do not

Hope some of this helps and feel free to pm me with further questions or post here

If you google twincam in a evo frame many articles of how to do it can be found as far as fitment and you electrical mountains to overcome