Custom Models All custom bikes.

Looking At A Big Bear Venom....Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 10:50 PM
YtseJam
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Well...turns out the engine has a definate issue. He hadn't started it in a while, and it cuts out as you accelerate until about 2200 RPM, then it picks up again. He took the carb apart probably 4 times, unstuck the float, cleared the jets..got a little better, but didn't fix it. With a 3 1/2 hour ride ahead of me, I didn't feel very confident. Real nice guy, was pretty embarrased. Still talking with him though, if he fixes it..it's mine. Stay tuned...

Old 06-25-2011, 11:36 AM
madmaxnj
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Best of luck to you. I picked up a 2006 AIH Legend Chopper last October. 124" S&S, 6 spd rsd, 240 rear. 119 miles. Sweet deal at 12.5K. I looked at a few, um, winners, before finding this on craigslist only about 10 miles from my house.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:57 PM
YtseJam
Road Master

Beautiful bike....! I agree with you, I cannot believe how many "winners" there are out there. Never thought it would this long to find "the one". Well, looks like we were able to work out the issues with the carb. After soaking the jets and running wire through them, as well as adjusting the air mix screw, we now have a great running bike. Needless to say I am now a Chopper owner! I decided to have it shipped down here because the cost of doing it that way is about the same as taking the time to go up there and getting it. It's being picked up tomorrow and delivered Monday....

Old 06-26-2011, 08:04 AM
madmaxnj
Advanced

Thanks, congrats on the new bike. Let's see some more pics when you get that bad boy home!

Old 06-26-2011, 12:14 PM
YtseJam
Road Master

Appreciate that. Pics definately coming!

My wife just walked by the computer as your bike was up....she loves it, especially the paint! How do you like the bike?

Old 06-27-2011, 09:25 AM
mulch63
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both bikes are SWEET. I traded away my 05 Road King for a Swift. S&S 113 Baker 6, PM brakes and controls,Rivera Primodry primary....love it.

jim

Attached Thumbnails Looking At A Big Bear Venom....Opinions?-img-20110613-00025.jpg  
Old 06-27-2011, 01:09 PM
madmaxnj
Advanced

Originally Posted by YtseJam
Appreciate that. Pics definately coming!

My wife just walked by the computer as your bike was up....she loves it, especially the paint! How do you like the bike?
Its a beast. Totally different animal than the Sporty. The first couple of chops I looked at couldn't lean worth a damn, hard parts would start hitting the pavement. The geometry on the Legend is just right, though I will still drag the tang on the jiffy stand if I get too zealous on a left hander. Gotta plan ahead on turns, especially low speed right handers. At over 9' long its like riding a tractor trailer of bikes. The 6th gear is sweet though, sure wish the Sporty had one of those. The stock seat wasn't cutting it, so I had one made. Cost a bit much, but its more comfy and I can bring the ladies on now too, and it looks bitchin .

Here's a shot with the seat. Didin't mean to hijack your thread. Lets see some pics of your scoot.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:47 PM
YtseJam
Road Master

Originally Posted by madmaxnj
Didin't mean to hijack your thread. Lets see some pics of your scoot.
No problem, like I said, nice ride! This is my first Chopper so there will be a learning curve.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:15 PM
Thongs2U
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Default I just listed my big bear venom on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other...Q5fmotorcycles

Needs nothing but a rider...

Old 06-27-2011, 09:48 PM
YtseJam
Road Master

Another nice bike....that will make someone very happy.

Quick Reply: Looking At A Big Bear Venom....Opinions?