Custom Models All custom bikes.

Anyone see Paul Jr. Designs new bike?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010 | 02:45 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

I've been watching that Jr vs Sr bs....makes me laugh. I think sr is being a bit of a hardazz, and jr is being a whiner. They deserve each other.

Old 09-29-2010 | 03:50 PM
CRASH
Road Warrior

I don't like this web bike as much as the first one. But before everyone gets all over the Teutels for the reliability or whatever of their bikes, I've been watching "Biker Buildoff" and on every show one or the other of the bikes breaks down or just plain refuses to run, and many of then are doing just what Jr and Sr do; Getting a frame from here, a tank from there, motor from another place...

Old 10-02-2010 | 09:14 AM
dansax
Elite HDF Member

Leroy Thompsom trumps all these clowns. Everyone from "Brass Ball Bobbers" to Dave Perewitz is using his frames, wheels and hand made accessories. Go to his website and look at his work. Now that is hand fabricated stuff. I am using his grips, pass. pegs, and soon to be getting his matching floorboards and wheels. His prices are very competitive. Can't wait until the on-line store is complete. Check out his bikes.

Old 10-02-2010 | 02:46 PM
bluesmanjesse
Road Captain

Originally Posted by dansax
Leroy Thompsom trumps all these clowns. Everyone from "Brass Ball Bobbers" to Dave Perewitz is using his frames, wheels and hand made accessories. Go to his website and look at his work. Now that is hand fabricated stuff. I am using his grips, pass. pegs, and soon to be getting his matching floorboards and wheels. His prices are very competitive. Can't wait until the on-line store is complete. Check out his bikes.
So if you are using someone else's stuff how are you any different than Sr,Jr,and everyone else,lol

Old 10-02-2010 | 07:30 PM
dansax
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by bluesmanjesse
So if you are using someone else's stuff how are you any different than Sr,Jr,and everyone else,lol
Because I'm not pretending to be a be all and end all bike builder who charges stupid money for cookie cutter bikes. Have you seen their so-called mass produced customs Bluesman? Don't twist my words around. I'm not selling other peoples work as my own.

Old 10-03-2010 | 08:07 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

Really, a real craftsman is one who creates and builds, welds, bends, actually 'makes' a bike. At least in my opinion. I believe today they have given people like me, totally inexperienced at it, but mechanically able, the ability to build 'my own' like the 'plug n play' bs on today's computers. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but a guy will not get the same satisfaction, or at least I wouldn't, by building a pre stamped puzzle instead of creating the puzzle himself.

Old 10-03-2010 | 08:20 AM
Clean
Cruiser

Paul Senior is an ***. He gets remarried and puts his new wife and her kids ahead of his own. HM, only thing I can figure is he must be ***** wipped. what a dumb ***.

Clean
Warhorse Brotherhood MC

Old 10-03-2010 | 08:27 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

I figure alot of it all on both sides is TV bullsh!t

Old 10-04-2010 | 05:38 AM
Sibs
Cruiser

Could have sworn I saw Senior in a movie made years ago singing barbershop in jail cell.
Had to rewind it a few times for a tripple take,lololol Still dead sure it was him without the stash and 15 maybe 20 years younger.
Anyways, Its not a bike build show, Its a soap opera.
Id really like to see a show that shows us tricks at tips on what fits what.How to's.
Im building a custom Softail ground up and I f%$K up for sure.1 step forward 5 back. Trying to make as many necessary parts as I can. Knowing what will fit what will really help . Watching them cut out a fender and sit a wheel in place than bitch about each other does nothing for me,lololol

Old 10-04-2010 | 07:59 AM
Kev_England
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by dansax
Because I'm not pretending to be a be all and end all bike builder who charges stupid money for cookie cutter bikes. Have you seen their so-called mass produced customs Bluesman? Don't twist my words around. I'm not selling other peoples work as my own.

Yeah, I honestly dont understand how a custom bike can be a "production custom" -- sounds like an oxymoron to me.

The money has corrupted them (OCC). But, honestly, what small custom bike shop wouldnt do the same? Once the money and fame is rolling in and you start getting surrounded by advisers telling you to expand and diversify what would you do? If they could sell them, wouldnt Billy Lane and Indian Larry (RIP) produce a production custom and sell thru other vendors?

Ive only been watching the show for a few months and its starting to get repetitive. But, its given me some great ideas and it can be entertaining. One thing is for sure: Im only interested in how Paul Jr. does, OCC has no characters anymore

Quick Reply: Anyone see Paul Jr. Designs new bike?