Custom Models All custom bikes.

Anyone see Paul Jr. Designs new bike?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011 | 08:49 AM
SgtBear
Stage III

I stopped out at their shop a few years back. Never really watched the show except maybe once or twice. I didn't really get into their theme bikes but there was one that Rick Petko did that was sitting their which was his design. It was all black and he had designed it on his own. Think they did a show on it. It had a nice classic clean design look to it. That was a nice bike. We were out for the local Fire Departments 100th anniversary and they took us through the shop and store on a tour. Senior was really decent to us as were Rick and Vinnie. Senior's sister ran the front office area that day. Very decent lady.

Old 09-18-2011 | 12:18 PM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by FLHTom1948
I saw Paul Jr.'s new bike with the Spiderweb motif on the wheels and tank, etc.: very nicely done. Good to see him get out from under Paul Sr.'s thumb. Don't know how he took it all these years.

I am betting that all this drama is for show! And I don't care what style bikes they build. But I also bet they are pulling in more than anyone on this forum. So I would say they BOTH are doing well and wouldn't be surprised as I said that this was all show!!!

Old 09-18-2011 | 06:47 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Martimus
It'll never be over... at least till someone padlocks the doors at OCC.

This silly train wreck doesn't seem to wanna end! Caught part of an older episode today where Letterman called their show one of the best on TV. All I could do was shake my head!
at least its better than watching General Hospital soap opera !

Old 09-18-2011 | 06:50 PM
Vince81
Banned

Those assclowns are the biggest drama queens going,and the groupies that follow them,drool over them and wear their stuff are as big a dummy bunch as one can imagine.
That show is all staged and for the masses of wanna be armchair enthusiasts(poseur type bikers) it's all food to feed them and pretty lame at that.

The son Jr. is a decent builder(with that Discovery Channel budget,payroll, and all his endorsements and free tooling he better be)-but the father is a total assclown of the century.
Typical chest thumping NY jackasses who are snobs and legends in their own minds.
They(OCC) owe tens of thousands of dollars to small USA Companys that supply (or supplied) them parts to build many bikes-yet the father(Sr.) has stiffed,bamboozled and ignored them and dozens of other creditors for years due to his ego and ignorance.
Ever wonder why they NO Longer use S&S engines(they now use Ultima/Midwest Motorcycle Supply engines assembled in China) or BAKER Drivetrain ?(They use Rev-Tech almost exclusively)......it's because they have stiffed and ignored the smaller USA Parts Suppliers who were eager to get on board with the Discovery channels endorsement of those deadbeats.
I for one am glad to see the OCC shop go bankrupt and into chapter 11.
The son obviously had a bit more brains and gumption to split from the old man in time to save his own *** and future-although HE thinks he's the best builder in the world(thats a joke as well).
Drama Quenns-all the way.
I got "sucked into" replying to this thread because of KNOWNING 1st hand the suppliers they ripped off .It's a small community of Builders and Suppliers and they are ostracised in that community to the max.
They NEVER talk or mingle with other industry Builders or Suppliers at Daytona,Sturgis or Myrtle Beach(if and when they actually show up) and the same people who wont socialize with them have fallen victim to thier hijinks once too often.

They will be out of the business sooner than later-once they burn more bridges behing them(and the sooner the better)

Old 09-26-2011 | 10:00 PM
Headcockedsideways
Tourer

I'm not real crazy about their bikes either. I thought the first spiderweb bike was ok. I really liked the trike Jr built for Gears of War3. For what it was (an attraction to promote a video game) I thought it was really cool.

Old 12-30-2011 | 11:50 AM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by alkay191
please tell me you're being sarcastic .....
I apologize for posting in the thread I didn't realize how old it was.

This....

While I can appreciate all the fabrication work they do I can't recall ever seeing a bike they have built that I would want to own.

They tend to make bikes that are too busy have too much going on so they just aren't very aesthetically pleasing. 46 yrs old and that is the first time I have ever used that word in a sentence

Anyhow, in my mind and to my eyes a custom bike is better off and I think harder to do right if there are just small details that all come together and the detail should all be functional and add to the working of the bike.

Anyone with a big shop can slap spiderwebs together with lil brass rods or SS and fabricate tanks and fenders with crazy angles.

It is much harder to take a bike make it look good and add small touches that keep the eye moving the length of the bike.

That is a long boring way of thinking I personally think they build overdone gaudy rigs. And I can't watch more than 10 minutes of that show without wanting to punch both of them in their big mouths. Irritating whiny men.

Last edited by RoaringRigid; 12-30-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-30-2011 | 01:34 PM
CHOPPIN' CHARLIE
Road Master
Default P j d & o c c

Yes, both houses have a lot of talent but I think building bikes for companys to show off their iron should be kept separate from street bikes. The show must go on. It would be nice to see programs about building and ridin' without all the BS theatrics, (wish I could make this spell check work.) They gonna build it and do it in 4 days!

Old 12-30-2011 | 01:52 PM
FBFletch
Road Master

For me, I would have to ask myself why I would pay $50-75K for a bike that I can't ride across town when I can pay $25K for a brand new bike that I can ride across the country? I guess it must be for the same reason folks buy Ferraris. Show piece.

Old 12-31-2011 | 07:53 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

What they build is over the top stuff not meant to ride but to push limits from that some interesting usable ideas come along.
Your not suppose to take any of them including the phony JJ seriously.

Old 01-14-2012 | 12:53 AM
baba booey
Cruiser

Originally Posted by smitty901
.... including the phony JJ seriously.
I've heard he doesn't even ride (for fun, at least).

Quick Reply: Anyone see Paul Jr. Designs new bike?