XsjadoNightster
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks awesome!

Old 03-23-2010, 09:08 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

did not get much done last night but did get alot done, that prob does not make much sence, but the controls are all back together and on the bike, the carbs are clean, floats are set, and the new jets are in, just placed them over the spot they go cause i am going to run the wires before i put the carbs in for sure, hope to have all th wireing done on the bike after tonight, but i got 2 monster valve covers in that need to be polished for a customer so we will see...
also got the clutch perch on the bike, and lubed it, added the clutch switch to it..

this tuscan flat black, the more i add to the bike the more i fall in love with it!

Old 03-23-2010, 09:27 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I love sport bikes and have a soft spot for fighters. I love the plastic rockets, but I ride a factory fighter when not on the HD and love it. That seems like it's going to be a nice little bike for your wife. it's funny how the 600's use to be so small then grew to be such monsters. I had a 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 and that was a big bike. The newer 600's are getting a bit smaller, but still big compared to the old ones like you have there.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:48 PM
JRK5892
Banned

i used to have a smoking joe edition CBR600 that was one of the fastest bikes i have ever set foot on!

Old 03-24-2010, 08:28 AM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Joe, this is just straight up SICK man!!!! Love it bro. Looks so damn cool. That orange color is PERFECT. Damn good job bro. Can't wait to see it completely finished up.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:10 AM
JRK5892
Banned

well, wiring is done! went smooth with everything labeled... i added a switch for my rad fan. i cut and resoldered alot of the iffy sections of wire. the parts in the tail i used some 3m duel sided tape on the back and stuck them in there, it will hold just fine and i do not have to drill into my welded and powdered undertail there. in back looks a bit sloppy still, but i still need to add in the plug for the rear tail light and incorp the turn sigs into that still, once the battery is in and the rear light is done i will clean that all up. ALso got the plumbing all in for the radiator.

tried to bleed out the front brake, i am just not getting much pressure for some reason, i am going to pull apart the master and check it out, may need a rebuild kit, may be that it is completely drained and the speed bleeders are not working for crap, or that it needs a rebuild kit ha ha ha
if so i am not going to rebuild it, i will get a R1 or R6 upgraded master, then powder that. any ideas on that sucker? i am pumping the hell out of it and the fluid is not going down... weird, it is bubbling though!

Old 03-26-2010, 12:21 AM
JosephGarcia
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

JRK, I work with a parts shop here in Los Angeles, and we LITERALLY have every, single, part you could ever want for any model of bike. vintage or modern. send me an email at press the button88@yahoo.com (delete the spaces so its one word)

we ship parts and accept paypal, in email ill give you my number, i know for all your future builds we can supply you easily

Old 03-26-2010, 09:51 AM
JRK5892
Banned

JOE that is awesome bud!!! I will hit you up man

found the problem! I hooked up the mighty vac to the front and pumped it up, found out i had a leak in the plunger unit in the master cyl. it was coming out there when i pumped it, so I took it all apart (again) and did not see anythign wrong with it at all, all the seals looked good and the cylinder was still smooth as ever. so i went to bed, ill mess with it later, my buddy sent me a new master from his CBR so i may jus scrap this one all together and slap some powder on the one he is sending me and rock that. Got the rear pegs on the bike, went to ace and got all the random little bolts i need to finish this up. then called it a early night. I did get the rear mount made for the rear master, and bled out the back brakes. the rear bled out in like 2 min tops with the speed bleeders they where awesome!!!!!

Old 03-30-2010, 10:04 AM
JRK5892
Banned

Well a buddy sent me a CBR master and adjustable lever, I took apart the master, cleaned up the plunger a bit, then of course powder coated it. on the lever i unbent some of the curl that the lever had and then sliced off the ball spun it on the belt sander and cleaned it up so that it would match the other side a bit better, then into the blast cabinet to prep for powder. Totally forgot the lid at home!!!! so i still need to coat that, oooh well. while we were coating figured we could knock out the rest of the parts as well, i made a bracket to hold the over flow tube, just bent some flat alum stock around the over flow, drilled a hole in it, done, coat it! then of course the kick stand now that it is all welded up and looking good. the stand came out light years better than i could have hoped, such a small part on the bike that you really really need to look close to see if it was modified, i love that, looks so clean it could have been stock!
then dad brought his bike back into the shop...... AGAIN.... so i slapped his new bars on, of course they where too low so machined up some spacers for the risers to bring them up 2 inches, polished that out... still got to run the wires internal but he LOVES them... tonight i will finish them up so he is good to go for this weekend

the CBR master worked out AWESOME!!!!! took my time taping it off for coating so i can keep the view window. after i got it back together, used the mighty vac, and the speed beeders, i had the whole front end bled in 5 min! if not less, worked out AWESOME!!!!! so pleased with the bleeders and the vac.
* now i need to figure out a front brake switch! any ideas?

did get the kick stand cut, measuered, and welded it back up

Old 03-31-2010, 10:36 AM
JRK5892
Banned

well... had a day yesterday... found out the chain does not have a masterlink, no joke not even a press in flair style, had my brother come by to confirm i was not loosing it and he agreed.... so, cleaned the chain up, it is amazing what a steel brissle brush and some simple green will do to a old chain, and got that on, and lubed up. put the new 15 gear spocket on, right side of the bike all the gaskets on and the cases on, had to pull of the swing arm (not such a bad thing cause i really needed to put on the chain guard wiht it off, put on the chain guard (protect the swing arm), got the chain on, put back on the swing arm, put back on the rear wheel, tightened the chain up, and then put on the sprocket cover and clutch cable (looks awesome in the color match to the tins) from there i did some sodering, i re did the kick stand switch, redid a few lines up front, redid the conections on the clutch switch... and my brother found a honda switch in my box of switches!!!! so i have a front brake switch now. from there i set the height of my floats, went to 23mm, stock is 22, aftmarket needle is 24, since i have stock needles but a jet kit in it i cut it in 1/2 and did 23mm so we will see how that flows. got the carbs mounted into the bike

so tonight i need to figure out how to button up the cluster FK of plugs at the neck of the bike, then wire up the front headlight, plug that in and DONE, got the speedo line run, done

all i am waiting on is the correct head gasket, the one that they sent me was from a YZF not a FZR! soon as i get that the cooling system and exhaust goes on. and i can fire her up!

brother and dad are going out riding Fri I hope to be with them on this!

for some reason only one picture sent this morning from my cell... so i have to figure out how to get the rest. but here it is

Quick Reply: street fighter build