Custom Models All custom bikes.

How to convert DRM protected music and movies to MP4/AVI/MOV/MP3/WMV/AAC...

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 05:48 AM
Lulusir1
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to convert DRM protected music and movies to MP4/AVI/MOV/MP3/WMV/AAC...

Many people ask me the same question: "I purchased videos on iTunes, but I can't play them on my video player, because they are in some 'protected' M4V format that only works on iPods. How can I convert iTunes videos to MPEG or WMV format so I can play them on My portable video device such as Archos and Creative Zen?"
I searched on Google, Yahoo answers and post the question on large number of forums, unfortunately, after scouring the Web for days, I couldn't find a FREE way to convert M4V to MPEG, WMV or AVI format.
Then I tried to burn the iTunes video onto a DVD and re-import it into iTunes just like how to remove the protection from the iTunes audios (M4P) by burning it onto a CD and re-import it as mp3. I failed, cause iTunes doesnt have a DVD burning option, then I used Nero, but it still doesnt work as Nero doesnt supports M4V format.
And finally, a software solution. I came across a few kinds of converters on Google search, they are Tunebite, Daniusoft and Noteburner. When I was testing the free trials one by one, what makes me comfortable is the Daniusoft media converter .
Daniusoft Media Converter software can remove DRM from protected wmv, wma, m4p, m4v, m4a, aac files that purchased and downloaded from online music store and convert to general video and audio formats, you can enjoy playing on portable media players, such as iPod, Zune, Creative Zen, MP3 player, PSP.
Stpe 1: Download and install the DRM Removal Tool
Stpe 2: Run the software and click Add.. button to load WMA or M4A, M4B, AAC, WMV, M4P, M4V, ASF files

Step 3: Choose output formats. If you want to convert protected audio files, please select Convert audio to list; If you want to convert protected video files, please select Convert video to list.
Stpe 4: Start remove DRM and convert your DRM protected music and videos by click on Start button.
Tips:
You can click Settings button to custom preference for output files.
1: If you still want to watch other common video/audio even HD video on your portable video device you can choose Daniusoft Media Converter Pro because Daniusoft Media Converter only support DRM audio and DRM video.
2: More DRM Removal Tools:
A: Digital Music Converter
B: WMA MP3 Converter
C: iTunes to iTunes Transfer
D: Best DVD Ripper

Old 05-20-2022, 03:29 AM
RebeccaGaither
Stage I
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for sharing this!

I currently used AudFree Apple Music Converter to convert iTunes songs or Apple music tracks to do this, aka help me download Spotify playlists to mp3, flac, etc.It works great! very intuitive interface and straightforward! Fast speed and easy to use even for computer rookie.

Just pick up the song, click button, wait for a while, done!

The following users liked this post:
Charlie Williams (05-20-2022)
Old 05-20-2022, 03:49 AM
BuzzCap7
Club Member
Received 18,557 Likes on 10,762 Posts

This thread is abt 12 yrs old FWIW.

I use DRM Converter & it works great. Esp when about 5-6 yrs ago they made changes so using it is MUCH more intuitive.

I am guessing it is still FREE if you are only converting a few. IMO, cheap 'nuff so buying it is a nice TY back to the maker.

The following users liked this post:
Charlie Williams (05-20-2022)