Old 11-05-2008 | 07:30 AM
ndfi78
Banned

Very nice so far man!

Old 11-06-2008 | 01:39 AM
JRK5892
|
Banned

ok... so tonights mission was the front wheel... i was able to wash it real well wiht simple green, then i hit the whole wheel with a wire wheel (ultra fine) then i sanded it all with 400 grit... from here i wrapped that sucker up in tape, taped each nipple cause after i cleaned it i realized that it has BRASS NIPPLES ON IT!!!!! after i got it all taped up i then wiped it down with alchole... then painted it wiht black epoxy paint... will have to wait till tomorrow to unwrap it to see what i got!
i was able to polish out all the chrome on the outer rim! came out SICK!!!!
here are the pics!:

Last edited by JRK5892; 11-06-2008 at 09:38 AM.
Old 11-06-2008 | 09:37 AM
JRK5892
|
Banned

got up this morning and unwrapped my little present (very carefully as the paint has not cured) realized tht i must have been just really tired last night cause the nipples are just metal NO BRASS, but have a cool weather to them so i like the contrast beween the fresh black and BLING of the rim...
in a week i will REALLY polish up the chrome i just want to let the paint set up strong

Old 11-07-2008 | 03:26 PM
shawn calvin
Cruiser

looks good

Old 11-08-2008 | 01:32 PM
JRK5892
|
Banned

well paint on the tank and side covers is done! have to redo the headlight bucket... said screw it i am just going to powder coat it instead of painting it. I powdercoated my tripple trees and risers last night... will blast the bucket and trim ring tonight as well! then powder that and stick it in the oven

Old 11-09-2008 | 02:13 AM
JRK5892
|
Banned

hey you go... tonight i am going to powder coat the headlight bucket, trees, and who knows what else white... going to drop the rear wheel and clean it up maybe even paint it... get the seat bondo/resined up ready for paint... ummmmm who knows what else.. i woudl like to prep the frame for paint and get the motor out for paint and polish as well... who knows what ill get done tonight... currrent pics:
was going to add some accent color to the tank but i think i may just rock the all white... frame will be gloss black, swing arm polished, controls, and levers all powder coated white... everyone rocks the black... my harley is ALLLL BLACK... this will be bright... going to bring back the bling

Old 11-09-2008 | 02:14 AM
JRK5892
|
Banned

yooooo 2am update... progress is going slow but good...got the front end torn off the bike now and wire wheeled it... did the lower tree in the media blaster so that is ready for powder after a good wipe down.... prob not going to powder tonight.... ahhh the seat... well i used short strand bondo fiberglass... painted that on... sanded that down... then i made the milkshake... GREAT GREAT GREAT IDEA!!!!!!! coming along well... i was a bit slow on the sanding while 75% dry... i was using the wire wheel while that was drying so it got hard.. but it really paints on smooth mixed up like that and REALLY filled in the seats cracks and crannys... now this sucker is tough as nails and smooth!!!! VERY pleased thus far with the seat progress... very pleased... now need to figure out what to do for padding... i think i will just cut 3m tape and hook some this padding right to the top and call it done... any ideas... i am at a loss for padding...

here are the pics...

seat after fiberglass filler:

seat after milkshake mix and a bit of sanding... still have alot to do:

parts:
somewhat stripped

lower tree ready to rolll!:

Old 11-13-2008 | 02:01 AM
JRK5892
|
Banned

well did a bit more tonight... i pulled off the rear wheel... started the prep work for paint... used 2 diff styles of fine wire wheels to get off all the crap and grime... then washed it in 3-1 water & simple green... tomorrow i will tape it all off and shoot the black... then after that sets up (about a week) i will polish out the chrome on the rim to bling like new... here are the pics

front wheel done rear wheel not:

Rear wheel before clean up:

rear wheel after clean up:

Old 11-13-2008 | 09:19 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Joe, are you a single (i.e. not married) gentleman? I'm not proposing but now that I think about it.... LMAO

Old 11-13-2008 | 10:13 AM
powdercoater
Road Captain

Joe,
After finding this thread I was reading through the posts, one at a time, and my computer got stuck at the Holloween costume! No matter how hard I tried to make it scroll down the damn thing wouldn't move. Here's a noogie for ya brutha...

Great job on the bike, although I can't imagine why you are doing so much paint work when you have access to powder coating equipment. It's coming along really nice though. Looking forward to more updates.

Roger

Quick Reply: got another ride yesterday