Custom Models All custom bikes.

got another ride yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008 | 03:47 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member

Wow Joe. Your really going all out on this one man! Good stuff bro.

I say, white spokes with black rims and black hub!! That'd be sexy. Thanks for the updates man. Can't wait to see this thing finished! How many miles does it have on it?

Old 10-28-2008 | 03:53 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member

Joe if it was me id go black rim and hub and go blue spokes. White is nice but hard to keep clean.

Old 10-28-2008 | 05:06 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

For the spokes, I think the black works. Didn't like the chrome or white. Are for the rim, well, undecided on that. Maybe just all black.

The paint scheme reminds me of Charlie Sheen's ride in "Beyond the Law".

Old 10-28-2008 | 05:53 PM
JRK5892
|
Banned

the bike has 8,000 on the clock... i am shooting the wheels in epoxy paint... not going to take them down and powder... whatever i do has to be pretty much solid... what i mean is either i can shoot the whole wheel, or shoot just the hub and spokes... I thought about the blue spokes... but the epoxy comes in like 4 colors and it is the only thing tough enought to hold up to the flexing and crap the roads throw at it... keep the ideas coming... i was also thinking of maybe doing radio flyer colors and shooting it in fire engine red for the accent paint on the scalops... maybe blue is not the right color? my girl thinks i should do teal... ya right

LIKING THIS!!! with red wheel stripe!

Last edited by JRK5892; 10-28-2008 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10-28-2008 | 08:54 PM
BIGDADI
Tourer

Digin #4 Bro

Old 10-28-2008 | 10:10 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member

Yeah man. Diggin the red and that red tire strip. That'd be cool.

Old 10-29-2008 | 03:23 PM
bosken
Banned

I would say no. 4.... tuff...

Old 11-01-2008 | 05:49 PM
JRK5892
|
Banned

ok... so got alot done tonight... after 3 FAILED attempts at molding a seat... I stopped trying to learn how to do it and i just tried it as if i was making a sub enclosure... made the pan out of plywood, ran tubes on the sides of the plywood to allow for a smooth roll in the seat after it is formed to wrap the frame (idealy... i also covered it all in masking tape so i can save the mold in case it works out well)... covered the seat in STUFF (expandable foam)... from here used a clay cutting tool, sanding block, file, and hack saw... just cut it out... got the shape i wanted... wrapped it up in foil, and masking tape again... tomorrow i will go get some fleece and pull that around it.. then just fiberglass it all in...
-
since i did not have any fleece to keep going on that... i fixed some of the shat body work i did the first time.. got that true and strait on the tank... wet sanded EVERYTHING... PERFECT no imperfections at all... when it warms up a bit tomorrow the tins/plastics... will all get another coat of epoxy white... this way next weekend i can lay out the paint sceme, shoot it, and clear it all up... tomorrow got a few buddies coming over to give me a hand and i will finally get my shop together!!! working in this cluster is a pain in the ***! once that is done i will lift the bike up and get rolling on the wheels and polish... just a few crap camera phone pics...

NEXT DAY

well as i said i was making this like i was doing a sub enclosure... today i streatched fleace across the mold after i layed down foil... this will give you smooth lines to start with...
used tape on the corners to pull it tight then make some rubber band straps to puill the fleece real tight, simply cut up a hanger, and grabbed a few of the girls hair ties... works great
after i got the fleece good and soaked wiht glass i layed down the pre cut portions i layed out earlier... let that dry.. 2 hours later put on another coat... now i will just let htat dry and cut it out to the shape i need.. glass fill and light weight bondo... then prime and paint... going well.. should have the bike up on the lift later tongiht so i can pull the forks as well as the wheels
pics...

foil:

Band straps

band straps in use

Pre cut:

1st layer:

2nd layer:

girls costume last night:

was bored so while it was drying played wiht a air brush i just got:

Last edited by JRK5892; 11-03-2008 at 10:35 AM.
Old 11-03-2008 | 10:34 AM
JRK5892
|
Banned

got some more done on it!
ok so i got the rought cut done... still needs to be finalized and remeasured then get the final cut and sand... before i went any further i wanted to ask some help... what is the next step to get this rough finish to look like a smooth cafe seat? looking for some help.. on sub boxes this is the part where i jsut sand down high spots and wrap in leather... that is not the plan for this one... i need some help!?
how do i take it from here... i think i would sand down a bit with some 400 grit... then use fiberglass bondo filler... once that is smooth, get some light weight bondo to fill in any pin holes... then prime and shoot? am i missing anything.. any pointers?

Old 11-05-2008 | 02:33 AM
JRK5892
|
Banned

well i got a bit more done again tonight... I was finally able to get the bike up on the lift...
first i knew i was not going to put duel rotors on the front so there is no point in keeping the mounts for it... cut them off... ground that down, then polished the slider... shortly after that i polished the other slider as well... Now that that was done i did a bit of 80 grit sanding on the cafe seat... then i decided it was time to paint... i have been preping the body work all week long so i shot the last coat of racing white (with epoxy paint)... after that drys in a week i will lay out the design and shoot the red...
I also did a few small things the front end while i tore it down like:
put in new wheel bearings, trued the wheel, replaced the front brake pads, lubed the speedo cable
well here are the pics

Mount tab cut 1 of 2:

Ground down: (i run a wood doll rod thought he axel holes cause it will allow me to hold the forks in place iwht my knees but also allow me to move it back and forth if i need to)

polished up side that had tabs cut off:

Polished other side (pics do not do it justice):

Gas tank (had two huge dents one on eihter side and a big dent in the front of the tank as well):

side covers and headlight bucket:

new wheel bearings:

Quick Reply: got another ride yesterday