Custom Models All custom bikes.

got another ride yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008 | 09:00 AM
JRK5892
|
Banned

HELL YA MAN!!! I WILL TAKE YOU UP ON THAT! Hell look at everything, i am sure there are some funny and sexy as hell pics on there man. i lived in a wild house...

- update on bikes*
Yam 500- could not resist, got the tins off, and stripped down, got the headlight off and stripped down, pulled off the stock bars, got out the clubmans (not going to internally wire them) I plan on leaning this bike HARD and do not want to mess with the structure of them... i am pulling off the guages tonight and priming the tins... either that or i may polish them, my girl picked out the colors with me last night... all white, with teal flake stripes... i think it will look ugly as hell but i told her she can decide... with any luck i will get the tins painted, wheels painted, and carbs boiled this weekend... have her up and running strong by monday... then next week i can make my cafe seat and be done with her for now..

- CB350 bob/cafe- SANDING... SANDING... SANDING been working on getting the tank dents smoothed out, coming out alright. have about half the tank sanded down. will use some fill and smooth it out... then work with Evil on paint (this one is getting painted the RIGHT way, not rattle can)
slow and steady this bike has an awesome awesome stance!

Old 10-22-2008 | 01:54 PM
FandA M
Road Captain

Last edited by FandA M; 10-22-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-23-2008 | 11:04 AM
JRK5892
|
Banned

some pics... got the clubman bars on and stripped... also sanded on the tank on the honda

Old 10-23-2008 | 01:56 PM
skully_68
Tourer

yea thats a rare bike now i thing id leave it stock

Old 10-23-2008 | 07:21 PM
JRK5892
|
Banned

i am not going to cut it up... i am just going to pull it off so that i can go back to stock if i have too... but it will get all new paint

Old 10-24-2008 | 10:36 AM
JRK5892
|
Banned

got the tank sanded down, and all the dents bondo/filled... going to prime and sand tonight and get my base coat on there... headlight bucket is finished... LOOKS great too...

Old 10-25-2008 | 10:26 AM
JRK5892
|
Banned

painted! used some bond and glaze to fix the dents in the tank... then i hit it wiht a self etching primer, wet sand, hit again, wet sand (wiped down with mineral spirits before every coat... then i used a filler primer, so i could really sand it smooth... then 3 coats of epoxy white appliance paint... LOVE to work with this paint... also took the wire wheel to the top of the motor, one of the side covers (half *** job) and lower forks to get an idea what it would finish out to look like... dig it on the forks not so much on the motor... her are a few pics... trying to deecide what color to paint the motor or if i should just wire wheel the whole thing and clear it.. but the clear will yellow wiht the motor heat (even high temp clear will) i was thining silver with black cylinders... what you think? just need to find a speedo and i can start slapping this sucker back together (giong to let the paint cure for 75hrs before i touch it... it is a great paint to work wiht but is VERY picky... once it has cured a bit more i will get a shot of it in the sun so you can see how high gloss it is! RACER WHITE!

Old 10-26-2008 | 03:13 AM
JRK5892
|
Banned

ok... had to turn on the heat in the garage tonight.. man huge tem change... hope that does not screw with the epoxy paint as it cures... we will see... tonight i got the carbs out and cleaned real well... even polished up the lid and cups with some 00 steel whool and a bit of wax... the insides are what matter and that is spotless! got the tail section off the bike now... have the rear lighting figured out... going to do a captain america type set up... we will see how that goes... camera died only got a few pics of the carbs... tomorrow i will get hte clutch cable fixed and the stripped out bolts out of there and replaced...

I also cut off the ratty old mufflers that where held together with hose clamps... I am going to use my stock st bob mufflers on it... I just have to make a little bracket and add a small elbow to make up the the diameter change... should be easy enought (I HOPE) pretty cool though if it would work and cost me $0!

Last edited by JRK5892; 10-26-2008 at 03:19 AM.
Old 10-28-2008 | 11:08 AM
JRK5892
|
Banned

ok... so... need to peel back off the paint and shoot it again... my body work shows though... this white epoxy paint is AWESOME though!!! real cool paint and great to work with, very forgiving with with a wet sand as well... can not decide what i want to do on the tank and side covers so i slapped it all together and started to draw on the tank cause it needs re done anyway... here are some pics... the last one is the one that i plan on going wtih... maybe red not blue... rims will be chrome wiht white hubs and spokes...
I was going to make my own seat... but then i came across the killer ones that rockcitycafe makes... i think i will go that route... coming along... time for paint... frame, motor, wheels, tins, and seat... i was going to rattle can it but i guess i may as well do it right and pull out the guns... just some basic single stage colors and get a good clear on it... may even do a bit of air brush work to highlight the paint after it is done... we will how the weather holds and what temps i have to work with in painting..
NEED SOME IDEA'S!!! AND A MANUAL!!!!

STOCK honda seat

STOCK yamaha Seat w/ fender

BIT of drawing

in case someone wants to be an artist

Old 10-28-2008 | 03:03 PM
JRK5892
|
Banned

need some opinions on wheels! what ones should i do!

Quick Reply: got another ride yesterday