Custom Models All custom bikes.

got another ride yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009 | 01:36 AM
JRK5892
|
Banned

AHHHH! what a ****TY NIGHT!!! everythign i touched tonight went WRONG!!! AHHH! i am so pissed... first off i got some brass rod, bent that for the shift linkage, went great, i go to do the other side and the brake drum brake lever IS MISSING! no idea... it was powdered trans gold with the rest of the stuff now it is just GONE, so i could not get that linkage done (going into the machine shop in the morning to thread it so i can finish the shifter linkage... bouncer when you leaving? can you get me your rotors by 10 am?) GOD HOW DID I LOOSE A PART! I AM SO ORGANIZED!!! so then i realize i can not hook up the front brake assembly cause i have to TAKE APART THE WHOLE FRONT END AGAIN to put in 2 bolts to hold the joint/front brake switch... so i do... pain in the ***... well i then flipped the ears over, put it back together and did not like it, so pulled it back apart, put the ears back the right way... figure i would just do a tight check on the two bolts i just put on there and SNAPPED ONE IN HALF!!!, so i drill it out, put in the easy out, AND SNAP THE EASY OUT!!! took me almost 3 hours to chissel that crap out, drill it, thread it, then put it all back together... after that i called it quits! I HATE days like this... ohh ya and i blew a speaker on my garage stereo... AHH anyway... here is the pics of the very limited stuff i got done tonight
the brass V stacks look **** though!!! i am going to have to cut them down a touch... but they are NAILS!!!
big ups to Canuck Plumber for hooking them up!!!

Old 01-24-2009 | 09:49 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

Ya know, Joe....when I built that rigid Sporty....EVERY DAY that I worked on it was like last night for you. I ended up referring to the bike as "The Bitch", because everything fought me.

How some of you can just get things to "flow together".....I don't know.

~Joe

Old 01-24-2009 | 08:19 PM
JRK5892
|
Banned

ha ha ha true man.... but this is REassembly it should go pretty smooth i hope... but i HATE days like that, hate them

all right! much better day... calling it quits a bit early today.. cause i want to go get drunk... so i am... but here is what i got done today.. most of the morning in the machine shop today.. this may seem gay to ya'll but i always "arm" my rides... dont know why... i jsut do, my harley has a Cubaton on the side, rocket, has a slip knife... hell even my girls bike has a batton tucked away in it... i am just weird like that... all the years of Kempo like me to have a wepon by me... anyways... got a little carried away at the shop and made this club... still needs powder, then i will make some brakcets and lock for it, you will never see it on the bike... also got the new air scoop all cleaned up ready for powder... while at the machine shop i turned down some brass to make my linkage for the shifter and brake side (still missing the brke lever for the drum) go the shifter side amost squared away... then i cut the V stacks down 3/4 in so they do nto hit the frame... you will also see a picture of a bracket i made... I will come back to that after it is done... GPS mount for my brothers chop... wait till you see this creation!!! anyway, here are the pic... bottoms up for me!

air scoop (on top of motor) blasted down

V stacks cut down and screens cut for the insides

my "major attitude adjuster" (lythes rock!!!)

Cuttin down the linkage

front threaded... still need to reverse thread the rear so i have to use the laythe to do that again

this is the start of the SICKEST way to do GPS/Speedo in a chopper yet! wait till you see this one done!

Old 01-24-2009 | 09:33 PM
last saint
Road Master

Damn Joe....that's lookin cool as hell dude!

Old 01-25-2009 | 12:19 PM
Razorback Rob
Road Captain

I like the black spokes

Old 01-26-2009 | 05:50 PM
bosken
Banned

This bike gonna be totally amazing! can´t wait!!! Hurry!!!

Old 01-27-2009 | 11:48 AM
JRK5892
|
Banned

thanks guys! lots of progress will be made this week... i want to get this sucker done!!!

Old 01-27-2009 | 08:37 PM
killer scott
Road Warrior

Just read the whole thread. Very cool. Was hoping it would be done by the time I got done reading! Now I have to wait with the rest...

Old 01-28-2009 | 01:22 AM
JRK5892
|
Banned

hell ya killing it tonight! motivated as hell to get this sucker done! Front brake is bled and front master is rebuilt... came out great!... then back to the rear sets.... got them shaved down, drilled and tapped for the brake side linkage... then blasted everything down... i am going to do 2 part powder on these.... support brackets, peg mounts, brake spring, spring perch, frame brackets, and i even did the gas cap will all get the bronze (heavy gold flake) and clear powder (they are all baking right now actually) then the rest, shifter/brake arm, pegs, stay springs will all get high gloss black with gold flake (prob do that tomorrow) on the rear sets if shaved and sanded them down so much so they are perfectly smooth! you can nto even see the casting marks... very clean! so that is checked off... ill post pics in a bit!

Old 01-28-2009 | 03:10 AM
JRK5892
|
Banned

may not seem like much! but a TON of prep went into getting these like they are now... got to black out the other stuff tomorrow and i can Cross another one off the list!

Quick Reply: got another ride yesterday