Custom Models All custom bikes.

got another ride yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008 | 12:02 PM
djwhaley
Road Captain

Thats going to be a bad *** ride. I wish I still had my old kz650 I would do the same thing, to bad the guy who has it wont let it go so it sits outside getting all fu(ked up

Last edited by djwhaley; 12-18-2008 at 12:03 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-19-2008 | 10:11 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member

dayum joe that is gonna be sick!!!!! im not so sure on the white tins but i trust you....hehe

Old 12-21-2008 | 03:57 AM
JRK5892
|
Banned

front end is on... needs to be torqed down still, same with the swing arm, either polished or powder coated every screw and washer as well... too tired to explain more.

Old 12-21-2008 | 12:13 PM
JRK5892
|
Banned

well, was up at 7AM, ha ha ha nothing like 3 hours of sleep to recharge the batterys in my body... ha ha ha my brother and i went an hit up the local swap meet.. i landed some cool stuff... got a set of old sporty AMF forward controls, that i will adapt to work as rear sets on this ride, also for the tank i am going to cut this dash to fit (off a sportster as well) and then my buddy at loner industries makes me all my tank badges for my builds... here are the ones i will be using on this one, they will be attached to the side covers with chrome yamaha tuning forks badges under them.. tank will just be white with the dash eihter done in polished, bronze, black, or white.. to be decided later... Loner does the best CNC work in the busn no question... if anyone needs anything made i can hook it up.. and i MEAN ANYTHING, he is insane and has a bench top CNC as well as a full CNC... can do it all..

the badges and dash

my new forward, going to be turned rear sets

Last edited by JRK5892; 12-21-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-21-2008 | 07:24 PM
CSA
Road Master

It's looking real good Joe! Boy I tell ya, if anyone says you can't polish a turd they haven't met Joe! LOL!!!

I picked up another bike this last month! I got a 07 RK Classic with 850 miles. Just ordered a full front chrome kit, rotors, calipers and a set of Chubby 518's. I think we are gonna set this bike up as a show bike. Snow here has been really bad and I haven't got to the shop in a week. I have a classic on the lift, with all my tools and what not. I left to take care of business and I haven't been able to get back to even clean up! God I hate winter!

Keep posting bro! You keep me inspired!

Old 12-21-2008 | 07:29 PM
XKROME
Road Master

''either polished or powder coated every screw and washer''...your attention to detail is amazing

Old 12-22-2008 | 08:48 AM
JRK5892
|
Banned

details are the difference between a custom bike and home built bike... CSA that RK man post pics as you go.... XKROME... you hve the greatest Critic living right in your house... a female eye... whenever I do somehting to the bike i always drag the girl out to the garage... she lets me know what looks "funny" or "why is this like this", lets me know what i have to fix... one thing she ALWAYS calls out on custom builds we see is how crappy all the bolts are on such a nice bike... i go out of my way to ensure that is not eye sore on this one... had a bunch of buddies over for a few beers this weekend, the bike got rave reviews... and i think i have another chopper coming... we will see if it all pans out $$$$ the guy bought the parts and gave up... 15 years ago!!! so with any luck we may be able to give it some life yet!

Old 12-23-2008 | 03:08 AM
JRK5892
|
Banned

tonight i kept ahead and cont the work on the front end... did the brakes today... got the caliper torn apart and powder coated, polished out hte hand controls and resivor, as well as the conection joint and hosing... then polished out the center of the floating rotor, all the set clips, all the bolts, all the nuts, front wheel show plate, speedo mount, wheel spacer... and then cut the brace from under the front fender, smoothed it out, drilled it to match my chain guard, mixed in some more bronze flake in with the black to help tie it all together... you have to have a fork brace on any bike you plan on really getting into the turns on.... i even had time to fill in the indents on the swithc covers wiht some JB weld, fix the dent in the show ring on the headlight, fill that in wiht some JB weld... in 18 hours after it drys up i will smooth sand it and powder all that as well... trim ring in white, the rest in black... the bike has 2 differnet levers, can not have that now can i... so i marked them and cut off the ***** on the end, from there i ground them down, my belt sander is at my brothers house so i will ahve to finish them later... but now they match and look pretty trick... will look even better after a coat of paint is layed down on it... it is a good litte trick to pimp out stock levers, ill post in teh $50 mod thread once it is done... did alot just not much to show for it...

Levers (to be continued)

Fork Brace:

Old 12-27-2008 | 11:59 PM
JRK5892
|
Banned

well woke up ready to roll on this sucker and then got sick as hell... did not get much done, but here are a few pics of what i did get done... sucks, wiht any luck ill feel better tomorrow and will be able to knock out a crap load of stuff! it is pretty slow going cause i am a freak about details so i have to hand polish ever bolt, nut, washer, and whever ever else is metal before i put it back on

got the wheel put together, the caliper as well (added a chrome decal wiht the tuning forks my buddy cut for me) check out the rotor wiht the brass center and polished bolts

the other side... you can see the flake i used in the caliper as well as the show ring polished up nice

the 19in wheel looks HUGE on here, just love it, dropped the tubes into the trees 3/4 in just to make it look even bigger, as well as balance it out after it is done (rear shocks i am using are 1 1/4in lower than stock)

Old 12-29-2008 | 12:28 AM
JRK5892
|
Banned

got the levers done tonight... I had two diff levers so i had to turn them on the belt sander to make them alike...

Quick Reply: got another ride yesterday