Old 12-12-2008 | 07:41 AM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member

Those v-stacks are frickin' awesome.

Old 12-12-2008 | 04:26 PM
JRK5892
|
Banned

hell ya they are... got one coming for my bob as well!

Old 12-15-2008 | 11:49 PM
JRK5892
|
Banned

well... been away for about a week on the bike... time to get it cracking! spent about two hours arranging things in the shop to prepare for the re assembly... also got our other bikes at my buddies in his heated garage and her 250 and my bob back in my garage, stabiled/ on tenders(both will get quite a bit of work after this bike is all finished up)
anyway... tonight i preped the motor for the permatex (the right stuff) gasket maker stuff.... was hoping to get some powder shot as well on the engine mount but i will have to shoot that tomorrow... mom called and she did not want dad crawling though their attic for christmas crap so i was the lucky winner... LUCKY IS RIGHT!!!! found a old chopper tank up there! talked to dad and he told me that he still has 4 boxes of old parts from when he used to build all his choppers!!!! it the mother load of AWESOME!!!!
here is the tank i snagged up (notice the body work to the front to keep it high on the back bone and the duel rear petcocks... just awesome! and the inside is spotless!!!!) ill post some pics of the parts when i dig those out of the crawl space...

so.. here are the pics:

NO MORE BURNED ON GASKETS... took forever!

chopper tank:

Old 12-16-2008 | 06:46 AM
XKROME
Road Master

SCORE!!! Got any plans for that tank yet? or file for future ref?

Old 12-16-2008 | 11:06 AM
JRK5892
|
Banned

not yet... it will sit till i find the right application for it

Old 12-17-2008 | 01:42 AM
JRK5892
|
Banned

tonight was alot of prep work to get a little done...
when i was doing my engine mounts, i did my coil bracket as well... then i prepped up and did my battery box as well... the rest of the night was spent trying to figure out how to get the rear sets i have strait.. (they are off a wrecked GSXR... not sure i will use them) this powder is picky to work with and requires a TON of prep.. but as you can see the results are WELL worth it... looks amost ***** on to highly polished metal!

NO... the motor still is not in.. we got a ton of snow and i had to pull two of my buddies out of ditches tonight... still need to seal the motor up but at least the mounts are done and ready to hold that sucker in place!!!

here are some pics for those of us that can not read

Before on coils

Motor mounts/ coil bracket

after on coils

refrence for you... polished on the left, powder on the right

Old 12-17-2008 | 01:45 AM
Pablo22
Road Warrior

Cool! Rhino Liner is your friend!

Old 12-17-2008 | 02:12 AM
JRK5892
|
Banned

Rhino liner? what you mean by that? you sugest that to cover the coils?

Old 12-18-2008 | 01:22 AM
JRK5892
|
Banned

ahhh... really hoping to get the motor in tonight.. all my help is sleeping... bastards, i would get up to help them... anyway,,, got the frame preped up, motor all put back together... trying the permatex "the right stuff" on the side cases and "the gray" high heat on the valve cover... we will see... squished out a bit but i will trim that down once it drys.... i have to say... the motor does look pretty sick... i have two repair manuals... neither of which show how to re assemble the cluch cable perch... so had to work that till it fit in... going to take a bit of digging to get that right i feel...
for motor prep on the frame i go to home depot and get the crap that you wrap around pipes to keep them from freezing... about a buck for a 10 ft piece... then jsut cut to fit... this way i can weasle it around the motor and not worry about going ape **** if i hit it...

Old 12-18-2008 | 02:16 AM
JRK5892
|
Banned

ok.. so it just dawned on me that i will not get to work on this again till at least sunday... got a Kempo gathering tomorrow night and work party Friday... so, HAD to get the motor in tonight... here she is! i am PUMPED now... looks awesome!... I am going to BED... after a shower and about an hour of scrubbing my hands... my god, can not belive i forgot to put on gloves, ah ha ha ha

Quick Reply: got another ride yesterday