Custom Models All custom bikes.

Anyone recognize this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2022 | 11:04 PM
|
Cruiser
Default Anyone recognize this?

Rolling thunder frame.

I can't find the vin anywhere on the frame yet. Was told it may never have never been punched but the MSO was lost along he way. With no vin... even knowing where to start to get a new mso would be difficult.

This bike sat in the showroom of what is now called Oakville used car superstore. 1450 speers road Oakville, Ontario, Canada.

It was acquired as included with the real estate deal when this company bought this property from the previous owners.

It is listed as a 2001 Harley (lol) Model: Rolling Thunder.

230 rear. Revtech engine. Vance and hines. Most likely BDL belt drive with a belt guard with a skeleton hand and "7 out" engraved with a pair of dice.

It is fully custom and nothing about it screams anything specific to one of the mid sized chopper company's that were pumping them out. There is an Orange County Choppers air filter cover. This means absolutely nothing to me but the guy who bought the bike from this superstore didn't even give it a second thought. He really believed it was OCC. Anything is possible but I still doubt it. If it was.... its just one of their Basic 8itches.

any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this particular bike.

Thanks

Old 06-06-2022 | 08:00 AM
Sarge1400
Advanced

Hard telling who put it together; Rolling Thunder is a frame manufacturer. Nice looking bike.

Old 06-06-2022 | 09:26 AM
|
Cruiser

Last edited by 0003; 06-06-2022 at 09:41 AM.
Old 06-06-2022 | 09:40 AM
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sarge1400
Hard telling who put it together; Rolling Thunder is a frame manufacturer. Nice looking bike.
Yeah hoping to find someone who might have seen it before.

I have to replace a seal as you
can tell from my drive way. The straight line of oil from it just flying off the primary drive.

I need to identify the primary drive and transmission too no branding on it at all.

I've never heard of CWI brake calipers either

Need to adjust the clutch for sure shifts hard. Checking the fluids today.

I'll post more pics.

Old 06-06-2022 | 02:42 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

NO vin no manufacture statement of origin. Called different things in different states. If someone wanted it they would have to jump through hoops and title it as a custom build and then stamp the Numbers assigned to it.
Look under the seat and all over it maybe stamped and you missing it.
Call it what ever you want with no numbers stamped and no proof or origin. It is just another custom frame.
If by chance it was one of OCC models they cranked out and sold it would not be to hard to ID.

Old 09-12-2022 | 05:28 PM
Beach123
5th Gear

A little late, but......not sure if you got it figured out, but that frame is similar to a bike that I got awhile ago, I found the VIN on the front of the front engine mount, you have to get your head down really low to find it. Santee puts their numbers there, although, I don't know if that's a Santee frame.

Old 04-01-2023 | 01:03 PM
fernominal2011
Novice
Default About this Bike

Originally Posted by 0003
Rolling thunder frame.

I can't find the vin anywhere on the frame yet. Was told it may never have never been punched but the MSO was lost along he way. With no vin... even knowing where to start to get a new mso would be difficult.

This bike sat in the showroom of what is now called Oakville used car superstore. 1450 speers road Oakville, Ontario, Canada.

It was acquired as included with the real estate deal when this company bought this property from the previous owners.

It is listed as a 2001 Harley (lol) Model: Rolling Thunder.

230 rear. Revtech engine. Vance and hines. Most likely BDL belt drive with a belt guard with a skeleton hand and "7 out" engraved with a pair of dice.

It is fully custom and nothing about it screams anything specific to one of the mid sized chopper company's that were pumping them out. There is an Orange County Choppers air filter cover. This means absolutely nothing to me but the guy who bought the bike from this superstore didn't even give it a second thought. He really believed it was OCC. Anything is possible but I still doubt it. If it was.... its just one of their Basic 8itches.

any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this particular bike.

Thanks
Super Nice!
(I'm old school, so I like choppers!)

Old 04-01-2023 | 07:34 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member

It's a nice looking bike and as stated it could be a Rolling thunder frame..

https://rollingthunderframes.com/pro...ategory/frame/

I would guess that it's a custom built by some small custom shop..

For your seal, you may have issues. Some Revtech motors were known for loosening if the cast in bearing race on the left side. In that case the cases may need replace. Had a buddy that had that happen and there are others where it's documented.

You might get luck and it only be a leak between the motor sprocket / pulley spacer or simply a bad seal.. I've had those issues with SnS motors and BDL primary.