Custom Models All custom bikes.

Help with color choices please

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007 | 11:56 AM
daddycoolj
|
Cruiser
Default Help with color choices please

Contemplating doing custom airbrush work on my Yellow pearl 1200c. I would very much laove to see some of you guys and gals custom paint jobs. Kinda torn on which theme to go with. Been experimenting with real fire airbrushing on mine but the method works best on a black base.
This is a chance to show off that killer paint job to fellow riders but maybe somewhere in the process I might even get inspired with a theme or color combo.
Also if anyone here is an artist with experience on color coordinating some colors that would go along and complement a factory yellow pearl paint job then I say all suggestions will be considered. I have thoght of everything from real flames to traditional methods. God forbid I even considered turning the bike into a killer bumlebe because of the black going so well with yellow but it seems a little tacky on that one .
All comments and suggestions welcome. My bike will have a custom airbrushed paint job on it when I get better with this AB gun. Give it your best suggestion and lets see where it goes. This is a project I have invested some decent amount of money in learning to make my bike a unique creation and visually stunning I HOPE!!

Thanks jim
all suggestions will be considered and appreciated

Thanks again in advance
Jim in Bama

Old 07-04-2007 | 12:06 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: Help with color choices please

My experiance with a direct red on yellow is that it blends badly and you don't get colour definition. I usually use a small black shadow line under the red to get the Red to pop. There are a few custom painters here. Look at Orangecrush's bike.

Do you have a picture example of what style you want to have?

Joe