Classic All 'historic' bikes.

41 knuckle

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 02:01 PM
fj4069
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 41 knuckle

had more fun yesterday then i've had in a while. pulled up to my friends house yesterday and met his new roommate.new roomate has a few bikes, roadglide, fxr, and a 41 knuckle. that knuckle is bad azz. paucho springer, apes, suicide shift w/mousetrap clutch. was checking it out and i told him it was an awesome bike and he said ya wanna ride it? i was on that thing so damn quick. keep in mind this is the first foot clutch, suicide shift bike i've ever ridden and he's 6 foot something while i'm 5 foot nothing. getting moving from a dead stop was kind interesting for me, accidentaly ripped the front wheel up about 2 feet high and completley scared the crap out of myself. it was so damn fun, cruised the neighborhoodfor a while on it and practised shifting and what not. had a blast. had perma grin for the rest of the day. just had to share the experience w/ you guys.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:13 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts
Default RE: 41 knuckle

Sounds like you had a little fun!

And now I'm gonna be **** on ya! It's a suicide clutch, not suicide shift. If the shift lever was attached directly to the tranny, it's a jockey shift. Otherwise it is usually called a hand-shift, or tank shift. A mousetrap is a device mounted on the left front frame downtube used to increase the mechanical advantage of early hand clutches. It isn't used with a foot clutch, whether it's a suicide clutch or a rocker clutch.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Buzz Kanter
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 41 knuckle

ORIGINAL: pococj

Sounds like you had a little fun!

And now I'm gonna be **** on ya! It's a suicide clutch, not suicide shift. If the shift lever was attached directly to the tranny, it's a jockey shift. Otherwise it is usually called a hand-shift, or tank shift. A mousetrap is a device mounted on the left front frame downtube used to increase the mechanical advantage of early hand clutches. It isn't used with a foot clutch, whether it's a suicide clutch or a rocker clutch.
Do we know it was in fact a suicide clutch, or, as is more common, a traditional toe/heel clutch with a stock star spring set up.A lot of people mistakingly refer to all hand shifters as having suicide clutches.