Classic All 'historic' bikes.

Indiana Jones 4 - which Harley Davidson?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 10:45 PM
coliseum
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Indiana Jones 4 - which Harley Davidson?

First thing that caught my attention were the standard switch housings on the handlebars... proves its a brand spanking new bike! The movie was good!

Old 06-03-2008, 04:48 PM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah, the switch housings were what caught my eye too. I just watched the movie tonight, and enjoyed every second of the motorcycle scene, and tried not to cringe when he laid it down.

Good stuff, I don't care if it's vintage or not, I agree that it's probably better that they didn't treat a real classic the way they did the imposter in the film.

Now for my question...............what kinda pipes are those?

Old 06-06-2008, 11:36 PM
HSMaxim
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Guess it would have been to hard to use one of the thousands of repop Knucks or Pans out there.

Old 06-06-2008, 11:53 PM
SteelJ
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

&nbsp\\;5 Softail Springer&nbsp\\;Classics were modified by and supplied by HD corporate for the movie. Two are supposed to be at the 105th party.&nbsp\\;You can spot the twin cam B motor in a couple shots with machined jugs and&nbsp\\;bright rocker boxes. Also visible is the stock rear belt pulley, front disk&nbsp\\;and front brake reservoir.&nbsp\\;They should have used the raw jugs from the crossbones and dulled the finish on the rocker boxes and cam cover. The fake kicker would bang the pipes even if it would move.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:05 AM
gijimbo83
Novice

Definitely a new H-D with mix and match parts, the link posted by JosephGarcia explains it.
I still like the bike, though, and think that they did a pretty good job making it look like an older bike without having to deal with the maintenance issues of a classic motorcycle.&nbsp\\; And realistically, who is going to notice?&nbsp\\; Outside of H-D enthusiasts, not that many people.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:44 PM
FANTM2
3rd Gear

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/...e-ar56542.html

Old 08-11-2008, 05:22 AM
99octane
Road Warrior

The bike is modern and has been modified to resemble a vintage one. You wouldn't want to see that "sliding under the benches" scene on a real vintage piece, would you?
The job is done decently and, if one enjoys the action scenes, the details like the kickstarter are not too blatant.
There's one scene, though, I didn't expect in such a high profile movie, where in a static shot the camera gets a detail of the black, powder coated brake reservoir and switch housing...
One would expect that such a scene would be cut or the reservoir camouflaged to resemble a vintage one: anybody with a modicum of knowledge about any kind of bike will immediately spot it for a modern part.
Sad.

Old 08-19-2008, 04:19 PM
spike95
Road Master

Are you freakin' kidding me? That is just plain pathetic. I can't believe that a movie with that kind of production budget couldn't do better than that. I understand nobody wanting their vintage bike beat on for the movie, but they make perfect replicas these days! And if it was Harley doing a product placement, then they certainly could have done much better with the bike than that. That kicker pedal is ridiculous.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:39 PM
bore
Advanced

Originally Posted by HSMaxim
Guess it would have been to hard to use one of the thousands of repop Knucks or Pans out there.
yep Harley must have paid a few bucks to get a new bike in there. Don't think it was a mistake