Carburetor Related Find discussions on carburetor related goodies here. Swap and trades? Rebuild information and tuning for the pre EFI systems.

CV carb question

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 09:39 PM
hardballcoaster
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CV carb question

Hello..I,m a first time HD owner. I just bought a 2002 XLH 883. The bike has drag pipes on it so I,m guessing its been re-jetted. The other day I was playing the the idle mixture adjustment screw and found that it make no difference what way I turn the screw. All the way in or all most out. The bike idles the same. I read it could be that the polit jet is to big?.Or is there some other things I should look at. I,m waiting for my Sportster repair manual to show up befor I rip into the carb. Any finger pointing would be helpfull. Also CV recalibration kits. Is it best to stay away from kits you need to use drills with?....Thanks

Old 05-25-2013, 09:37 AM
46u
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hardballcoaster
Hello..I,m a first time HD owner. I just bought a 2002 XLH 883. The bike has drag pipes on it so I,m guessing its been re-jetted. The other day I was playing the the idle mixture adjustment screw and found that it make no difference what way I turn the screw. All the way in or all most out. The bike idles the same. I read it could be that the polit jet is to big?.Or is there some other things I should look at. I,m waiting for my Sportster repair manual to show up befor I rip into the carb. Any finger pointing would be helpfull. Also CV recalibration kits. Is it best to stay away from kits you need to use drills with?....Thanks
Not being able to see it or here it my first guess would be the the intermediate jet is too big as well. At least this is the first thing I would try.
Good luck.