Carburetor Related Find discussions on carburetor related goodies here. Swap and trades? Rebuild information and tuning for the pre EFI systems.

S&S 1707 Intake Manifold for ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2022, 02:03 PM
stator
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default S&S 1707 Intake Manifold for ?

I have above manifold and wondering what engine type it is for. S&S doesn't know as it is not in their records dating to 10 years back.

It has the number "8" stamped near the lower flange screw to the carb. This number is for stock evo legnth per S&S. It has a number "3" stamped on the underside of the body to the rear cylinder. There are a couple of 1707 manifolds on ebay with no description for what other than the buyer has to know. Those have the MAP sensor mold but it is not drilled and tapped for it. Just solid aluminum there.

Backstory-

I bought a new S&S super stock evo case back in 2000 because it was a good deal. Then bought an S&S upper kit for an 88" motor (3 5/8" bore and standard stroke). Proceeded to get married, two kids, and the motor build was put on the back burner until now. Somehow I ended up with three S&S manifolds which are a 369, 167, and 1707. The 369 is for evos and what I used. The 167 is for Super B Evos which I didn't use since I building it with a Super E carb.

My BIL came to town and stayed with us while he looked for a job (rebuilds transmissions for a company that dealerships outsource to). Prior to getting a job, he proceeded to tear apart my Harley EVO on my 89 heritage. I mean that literally as the engine was completely in pieces, and the case split apart when I came home. All he was suppose to do is pull the transmission since a $10 spring broke inside of the case. I halted it, and the heritage has been sitting that way for about 14 years now. I'm going to put the S&S in it, and then reassemble the original EVO. I screwed up assembling the original EVO since it looks like I forget the left bearing spacer in the case when putting the halfs back together. Lesson learned is not to do such work when frustrated and somewhat pissed off.

If you read this far, I tip my hat.