Carburetor Related Find discussions on carburetor related goodies here. Swap and trades? Rebuild information and tuning for the pre EFI systems.

Different thread types on main jets?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 11:34 AM
templeofdank
Tourer
Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Different thread types on main jets?

Hello!

Working on fine tuning my stock CV carb on my '02 883 Sportster. I ordered a few jets on ebay, and when they showed up the thread is smaller and finer than the ones on the bike. I double checked and the eBay listing did say the jets were for a Keihin CV carb, and listed my year as compatible.

Local dealer didn't have jets, so I dropped by my local independent shop and he had tons of jets. Asked for a 165 and a 170, and he had both. When I got home though, one of the jets was the right thread type, and the other was again that smaller finer thread type.

Why are there different thread types on Main jets? And how do I make sure I get the right kind, do both have different names or something?

Sorry about the noob question, just super confused and not finding the info I'm looking for on google or here.

Old 06-02-2020, 05:49 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 759 Likes on 593 Posts

the only diffference that i have seen with jets like you are talking about is the difference between Kehin CV jets and the emulsion tubbe/jet holder and the DynoJet emulsion tube and jets and they are different from each other. the kehin jet holder has a hex head for a wrench and the DJ holder has a slot for a big screwdriver.
m
the non cv kehin jets have a different thread than the CV kehin also.

The following users liked this post:
templeofdank (06-02-2020)
Old 06-02-2020, 09:56 PM
templeofdank
Tourer
Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by marcodarq
the only diffference that i have seen with jets like you are talking about is the difference between Kehin CV jets and the emulsion tubbe/jet holder and the DynoJet emulsion tube and jets and they are different from each other. the kehin jet holder has a hex head for a wrench and the DJ holder has a slot for a big screwdriver.
m
the non cv kehin jets have a different thread than the CV kehin also.
You're spot on. After looking at the DynoJet emulsion tube systems, the jets for those look exactly like the "Keihin Jets" I had ordered online.

Thanks!

Old 06-11-2020, 05:20 PM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,604 Likes on 1,100 Posts

Here's a good source for CV Carb products.

https://cv-performance.com/

The following users liked this post:
Dan89FLSTC (06-16-2020)