Canada BC | Alberta | Saskatchewan | Manitoba Ontario | Quebec | Maritime Provinces

Winter activities when you can't ride...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012 | 09:45 AM
cwoof
|
Intermediate
Default Winter activities when you can't ride...

It drives me nuts when I can't ride. By the time February comes around, I get a major case of "cabin fever"...can't wait to hit the road. I am sure it's the same for most of us. So, I thought it would be fun to find out what other Canucks (and north USA) riders do when the bike is in storage. How do you pass the time? Snowmobiling? Ice Fishing? Mods and repairs?

Let us know, and maybe it will give some of us some more ideas to get us through the "Winter Waiting".

Me, I spend as much time as possible trying to plan a summer road trip. At least researching destinbations, and pouring over maps keeps me thinking about the riding.

Old 11-14-2012 | 12:19 PM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member

i sit around the house complaining about how cold it is outside till about feb-march, then i start working on the bikes and boats preping for spring.

Old 11-15-2012 | 07:41 AM
rockerz
Road Master

Retired from mountain sledding last year, now I'm struggling to find something to keep me busy. It's going to be a long winter I think.

Old 11-15-2012 | 09:54 AM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member

We're lucky out west, living so near the best downhill skiing in the world. That's what I do. I ski, and in the off season ride a Harley.

Old 11-15-2012 | 10:23 AM
MetalSpike
Road Warrior

The ones that can't bang the ol lady all winter long now move to the southern states for a longer riding season.

Old 11-18-2012 | 02:57 PM
RidemyEVO
Outstanding HDF Member

I got a couple hobbies I do only in the winter months, which isn't yet. One is any little things that need to be done on the bikes as they need no big improvements this year and the other is I got a large room with a model railroad layout that I've been working on for the past 10 years( helps keep me sane through the winter). The past 3 years we've been traveling to Italy and this year was Sicily, we were itching to ride there mountain roads and along the coast, tried renting any big bike and no go and guy at hotel said he could hook me up with a vespa so we rented one for a week. Wife ( and me) had so much fun that when we got home we bought one, I told her if we got one it would have to be old, so now I'm giving a 1963 vespa the once over.

Old 11-18-2012 | 04:02 PM
DevilDog 1983
Advanced

Here in South Mississippi it may be cold one winter and not the next? I ride in the mid-40's. Any colder and my pecker shrivels up above my knee..Hobbies are reloading, shooting and sex.

Last edited by DevilDog 1983; 11-18-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 11-19-2012 | 07:45 PM
teflon
Road Captain

still riding down here in Windsor!!! Not often but still going! Do all my own work and up-grades so i do that and i just scored a 20' enclosed im gonna do up for hauling up to 4 bikes. Gonna use it and rent it out, be real sweet when shes done. Teflon

Old 11-20-2012 | 06:45 PM
sgt. slaughter
Cruiser

Been out on the snowmobile for a couple of weeks already, but can't go far until the rivers and lakes get a bit more ice. It is going to be -25 this weekend, so the ice will be ready soon. Of course, the bike is torn down already, and 3 boxes from Summit, Dennis Kirk and Jireh showed up today, so mod season has started.

Old 11-20-2012 | 06:48 PM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member

Up where you are? Beer, chopping wood for the stove, sex, booze, ****

Lucky for me I can ride year round even though it does get a bit cold.

Quick Reply: Winter activities when you can't ride...