C&C Motorcycle Seats The Finest Custom Made Bagger Seats You Will Find Anywhere.

Getting a CC Seat

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 02:10 AM
towboattrash34
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Getting a CC Seat

Well i have been wanting a good seat with a driver back rest for my 06 dyna lowrider and talked to Chuck and he said they could make me 1....he sent pics of 1 he just did for a dyna and it looks great.. i was thinking of getting a corbin or mustang but when i looked at cc seats and read all the great things about them and their seats that is what i want so in a few days i'll be placing my order.... now the only thing is to get the gel or not???? any opinions???????

Old 11-01-2008, 06:08 AM
Starboard
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Other than the pipes, getting a C&C seat was the best mod I have made to my bike. Pics are in this section of the forum somewhere. I went with the gel. The comfort provided by the gel is hard to describe, but it has tripled my saddle time before I start to get a sore butt. If you have survived your stock seat this long, you may not notice a difference with a gel seat. Even an un-gelled C&C will be an improvement over stock. Good luck and be sure to post pics with the back rest.

Old 11-01-2008, 12:36 PM
towboattrash34
Banned

i got rid of that stock seat long time ago... and have a sundowner deep bucket and love it. i don't get butt sore cause i set all day at my job...it is my upper middle back that hurts now... a back rest is the only reason i'm getting a new seat and he now makes them for the dyna lowriders......yahooooooooo. Harley makes seats with a back rest for the 05 dyna's but stopped there...06 and up nothing. i will get a set of wild1's 501's bars the help with the reach.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:24 PM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

Yes get the gel, I put 700 mi on mine one day and could have went more. You'll love the seat.

Old 11-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Bagged Out
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TowBoat - I ride on a C&C seat and love it. I didnt get the gel option because of what i had read on the Corbin site:

"Recently I've seen some information about "Gel Seats". Why doesn't Corbin offer this?
Mike extensively tests every new foam technology that comes to market. Over the past 30+ years, we've done much testing on the gel padding and its possible usage for motorcycle seats and found that our advanced Comfort Cell foam is superior in both comfort and durability. Gel padding was originally developed as a prosthesis for mastectomy patients and was never intended to support more than its own weight. Gel has been tried as a cushion in running shoes, bicycle seats and gloves among other things (in fact, Mike has a gel seat on his exercise bike at home!) Gel is also very cold and is an inadequate cushion for most serious enthusiasts. Even when new, gel can apply pressure to areas of the body that are not well suited to load bearing. When subjected to heavy pounding, gel deteriorates developing pockets or holes. This situation worsens as the gel deteriorates.

Cooling air flow is blocked by gel and the material itself has what we call a Thermos Effect. Basically this means that when he gel gets hot, it stays hot and when it gets cold, it stays cold."

Old 11-03-2008, 01:11 AM
towboattrash34
Banned

Normaly i would not consider gel as it does not provide support and i do like a firm seat, but my bike is a dyna and the seat is kinda thin.... what i might do is try it first for a little while then if i need the gel i'll send it to him and get it put in.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:22 PM
RandyS
Tourer

Anyone have pics of a lowrider c and c seat for touring? thanks

Old 11-26-2008, 02:25 AM
ZChan
Cruiser

I haven't tried these seats yet, but I am in the market for one. I'm posting about gel seats. I've had it on other bikes and other brand seats and was very happy with the gel. Had a stock KTM dualsport seat with gel added and it was much more comfortable than the stocker. Also had it on a Suzuki Vstrom that did a lot of hours on the road. It works. The gel is not soft and squishy like you would imagine. It's firm. Just keep it out of the sun, cause it will get warm.

Old 11-26-2008, 08:51 AM
towboattrash34
Banned

Originally Posted by RandyS
Anyone have pics of a lowrider c and c seat for touring? thanks
he has pics on his web site.... here is some pics of mine... sport touring seat with removable driver backrest.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/c-and-c-motorcycle-seats/294771-my-new-c-and-c-seat.html