Blowers/Turbos/Nitrous Oxide For you Gear Heads. Here is the place to discuss your souped-up, sophisticated, out of control and money pit monsters.

Joining this group

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 12:40 AM
BadBagger08
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Joining this group...Nitrous on a budget

I'm in the midst of building a nitrous system for my bike. I recently purchased a couple of solenoids, hose and dry nozzle. That I picked up locally off Craigs list for a cool 60.00
I still need to purchase many components to finish the project, Bottle, NOS Progressive Controller, Relays.

I have mounted my solenoids under the ABS system, reworking the bracket that came with the solenoids to fit my needs. I also re plumed the solenoids so that one will act as a purge valve.

I will update this thread as I go.

Jim

Attached Thumbnails Joining this group-craigs-list-solenoids.jpg   Joining this group-installed-purge-dry-shot-solonoids.jpg  

Last edited by BadBagger08; 04-05-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:44 AM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good Jim. Keep up the good work!

Old 03-25-2011, 04:02 PM
Syclone354
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nitrous is cool, it works so well at making horsepower. How big of a shot are you going to run? You are going to be running a "dry" shot? I had a NOS dry shot kit on a car a long time ago and it really worked great for such a simple setup.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:06 AM
BadBagger08
Tourer

Not really sure of the shot yet, dry. (30/40) I'm still even struggling to finish the motor by spring and a intake and injectors may not be in the funds as of yet.

I have manage to contact DynoTune and they have just about every thing I need to do this and do it safely so I don't have a head coming off at me, and it will all work with the FBW of HD. I know I will be running one of their Progressive NO2 Controllers and Possibly one of their Lean cut off switches If money ever gets good a automatic bottle opener would also be cool.

My plans are to wire the bike up so that when the acc switch is on it activates the entire system, switching the PC5 to map 2, bottle warmer, bottle opener, solenoids armed, purge activated by high beam switch and will purge out the rear probably the spare antenna hole w/ a blue LED to light up the purge. I figured I will need about 5 relays to wire this up.

I am keeping my eye out on Ebay looking for a 5lb bottle. I could kick myself. I was watching 1 and it was brand new could of had it for 20.00 shipped. It re-listed and sold for 75.00

Oh ya and the rest of the build this winter

DBW 2-1 Header
PC5
SE 110 heads ported polished, bronze guides, SE heavy duty springs, reworked combustion chambers. The works.
TMan 662-2 Cams
TP Engineering Roller Rockers
SE 103 11:1 Pistons
Hopefully SE 58mm TB and yellow band injectors
the list goes on and on

Last edited by BadBagger08; 03-30-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:16 PM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor

TP rollers will be at your house next week. Make sure you check for clearance.
Thanks buddy.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:23 PM
BadBagger08
Tourer

Worked on the purge lines today. Got them ran to the rear of the bike. I think I will be relocating my radio antenna and have the 2 purge line exit out the 2 holes in the rear facial were the antennas would be located at. I want something that looks like this when the purge is activated.

Went to Lowe's and picked up the fittings and line for the dual purge line kit. 16.50
Also ran wires from the access switch and the High beam switch to be later wired in for main arming switch/relay and purge relay.

I also ordered the 40 amp Relays and wiring harnesses for them I picked them up from specialty electronics 5 relays w/harness 23.00 shipped http://stores.ebay.com/specialtyelectronics

I have my eye on a bottle on ebay, just not sure although, I may just go with dyno tunes as I want to have a auto bottle opener/closer and all their products look top notch.

Attached Thumbnails Joining this group-dual-purge-kit.jpg   Joining this group-purge-lines-installed.jpg   Joining this group-purge-out-the-rear.jpg   Joining this group-nos-inject-nozel.jpg  
Old 04-07-2011, 11:48 AM
BadBagger08
Tourer

Received my relays and wiring harnesses a few days ago and I finally got a day off to do some fabricating and wiring. I removed the antenna and fabricated a mount out of the old antenna bracket along with making one for the opposite side out of some scrap sheet metal.
The purge valve took 2 relays to wire up the way I wanted it to work off the high beam switch. The 1st relay goes to the ACC switch which powers up the entire nitrous system. The 2nd relay for the purge is then wired into the high beam switch so that you can purge the system by flipping the high beam on and off. (my high beam also works for the garage door opener). It had to be wired this way or else when night riding with the high beam engaged the purge solenoid would be on and burn out.

I've also been in contact with DynoTune again (Dan) and I will be going with their Air/Fuel Ratio Lean Shut-Down Switch for 99.00 which will work with my existing O2 sensor. It also has a WOT switch built in and will shut the system down if a lean condition occurs. What more can you ask for.

I also found this youtube video of a crotch rocket with a purge valve http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8oTG...yer_detailpage

I also bought a bottle off ebay a chrome OBX 5lb

Total investment so far approx 200.00

Till next time

Attached Thumbnails Joining this group-power-comander-installed.jpg   Joining this group-relays-installed.jpg   Joining this group-purge-line-brkt.jpg   Joining this group-purge-lines.jpg   Joining this group-nos-bottle.jpg  

Last edited by BadBagger08; 04-07-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:31 AM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor

Looking good Jim.. Just make sure with TP'S I sold you check the clearence on the rocker plate above. Call me monday I will tell you what do. They are 1.67 rollers.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:40 AM
BadBagger08
Tourer

Originally Posted by DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Looking good Jim.. Just make sure with TP'S I sold you check the clearence on the rocker plate above. Call me monday I will tell you what do. They are 1.67 rollers.
Thanx Frank. I dropped them off at the machinists, hopefully he will be done with every thing by the end of the week.

Received my OBX 5lb bottle. Nice piece, to bad it's hidden in the bag. By the looks of it it will be about impossible to get a bottle opener to fit in the bag. Hmmmmm.
I did what seemed to be the hardest part of the job and I really didn't want to cut a hole in my bag but I had to get a line and wires to the bottle heater through there some how. I used a seals it firewall grommet and it looks great. 15.00

I've also installed my DynoTune Air/Fuel Lean Shut Off Switch I mounted it under the fairing. The wires that came with the unit were long enough to reach and then some to my relays under the side cover. I just need to figure out which wire is the wire I need of the TB for throttle position. Any1? DynoTune was great for answering any questions I had about the wiring of the relays and switches.

Received and installed my Yellow Band Injectors from Frank Drago's Bike Works good for 150hp

Total investment so far approx 320.00 and under 200.00 to finish the project. I need at least a bottle nut adapter and a line to purge. LOOK OUT CAGERS don't get too close.

Attached Thumbnails Joining this group-dynotune-afsos.jpg   Joining this group-bag-hole.jpg   Joining this group-seals-it-installed.jpg   Joining this group-obx-bottle.jpg   Joining this group-yb-installed.jpg  

Last edited by BadBagger08; 04-18-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:26 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member

Real cool... -- let me know if you want to trade bikes !!!! game ???

BTW -- id put a spray jet just under the passanger set for those unwanted guest -- EJECT while riding !!!!

Last edited by papifun; 04-19-2011 at 09:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Joining this group