Blowers/Turbos/Nitrous Oxide For you Gear Heads. Here is the place to discuss your souped-up, sophisticated, out of control and money pit monsters.

other supercharger than "Procharger"

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 06:13 AM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At this time I would say no Just a ATI.
Give me a call if you would some info

Originally Posted by KingenCo
Is there really any other option besides procharger for an EFI twin cam? I'd love to run a kenne bell or whipple on my bike, if they made a kit. That being said, it seems pointless to argue that brand "x" superchargers are better when they aren't able to be used on new fuel injected motors. I would love to be proven wrong and shown there are other supercharger kits out there, but it seems as though ATI has a hold of the market.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:17 AM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor

I would love to make one.
Call me when you are ready..... with it.
Thanks,
Frank D.

Originally Posted by SoCalH-D
The point I was trying to make is there are head units available for those that would like to fabricate their own deal. And with Franks obvious abilities he could easily make a nice supercharger system out of a 6th gen Magnuson Supercharger.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:15 AM
sgod1100
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalH-D
This comment right here tells me you do not know what you are talking about. As I stated in the post above the latest technology is far better than the old MP45 and MP62's that you are talking about.

Before you get into a pissing match, I have worked hand in hand with the engineers that designed these superchargers. I have see the test data, and I am using these superchargers EVERY DAY. Do not question what you obviously do not understand.

Again, I understand your allegiance to ProCharger and I can respect that, as I am sure you move allot of their product. I know those guys over there very well, and have the utmost respect for them. I just do not want to read you putting something down that you have NOT tested, have NOT seen, and have no idea about. If you would like a smaller TVS style supercharger to test on one of your builds I might be able to get one for you.....I am willing to bet you would be surprised.
The biggest down side to a roots/twinscrew blower is the INSTANT boost you get.(not to mention the crappy thermal efficiency of a roots, not twinscrew) It definitely increases the chances of breaking things, granted it makes the car/bike feel very fast. It also just makes your tires spin as well. It basically comes down to what you prefer for your bike. Do you want that off the line power or do you want high hp in the higher revs?

In the end you are going to make more hp per lb of boost with a centrifugal blower than you are with a roots/twinscrew design...You are also going to add alot less stress on the rest of your engine components with a centrifugal blower compared to a roots/twinscrew design.

Last edited by sgod1100; 09-07-2010 at 09:17 AM.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:44 PM
beaureed445
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What's the typical compression ratio of a motor before adding a supercharger? I've read posts where someone built a 107" with SE 211 cams and added a 'charger. What about on something larger? I guess my question is this- At what point do you have too much compression to consider adding boost?

Old 09-07-2010, 04:21 PM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by beaureed445
What's the typical compression ratio of a motor before adding a supercharger? I've read posts where someone built a 107" with SE 211 cams and added a 'charger. What about on something larger? I guess my question is this- At what point do you have too much compression to consider adding boost?

What I like to see is 9.5.1 But I have done every combo you can think off and still have great numbers. Just have to know what you are doing. I have been doing this for a long time wit turbos on Jap bikes.

That 107 kit I offer make over 180 hp 150 tq with blower. But I have DBW head work my specs...... Call me if you have any ??????

Old 10-07-2010, 06:48 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

What would be the price for a basic procharger kit for my 2005 Superglide? Not interested in a kit requiring a engine build....just bolt on and go. 6 psi.

Thanks,

~Joe