Blowers/Turbos/Nitrous Oxide For you Gear Heads. Here is the place to discuss your souped-up, sophisticated, out of control and money pit monsters.

other supercharger than "Procharger"

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 08:39 PM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The magna charger are not all that twin screw blower a lot of heat. And they break... Have fixed many of them and support is not that good. Procharger very easy to tune boost comes always at the same rpm 3 year warranty and no heat.........probs lots of support............

Originally Posted by Whoad00d
now i have been thinking why wouldn't the magna charger work, even if they didn't make them for the FI the 96'' is just a stroked 88 so it should bolt right up.... keeping that in mind you should actually be able to get more power since you can better fine tune and some lil mods yay or nay?

Old 09-04-2010, 12:42 AM
Whoad00d
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would go with procharge 100% if they didnt look like **** im just sayin imho!! looks like ill just stick with a stroked NA.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:55 AM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor

I am sorry you feel that way on the looks. I wish you could ride one of the ones I have built that make 180 plus hp You would think diff.

Thanks,

Originally Posted by Whoad00d
i would go with procharge 100% if they didnt look like **** im just sayin imho!! looks like ill just stick with a stroked NA.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:52 PM
Whoad00d
Tourer

ok now i did some more research on the procharger its not bad in the black that would suit my bike much better so what are we talking for price on a 08 crossbones installed?

Old 09-05-2010, 12:53 AM
SoCalH-D
Tourer

Originally Posted by DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
The magna charger are not all that twin screw blower a lot of heat. And they break... Have fixed many of them and support is not that good. Procharger very easy to tune boost comes always at the same rpm 3 year warranty and no heat.........probs lots of support............
I beg to differ with you sir, I understand your allegiance to ProCharger, but do not knock what you do not understand. These are hybrid roots superchargers, with sizes ranging from 62cc to 2.3L. They are using some of the latest technology like that used in the ZR1 Corvette and CTS-V. These superchargers are close to 75% efficient, and will have a much more linear power curve than a centrifugal.

Magna Charger, 3 year warranty, easier to tune, and no heat.

FYI I am NOT from Bushlings place.

Last edited by SoCalH-D; 09-05-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:58 PM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor

I am not going to get into a pissing match with on this. Have ever used Magana Charger on a HARLEY? I re-build Magana Chargers units on Harleys.. Whos talking about cars.... On a car they are great but on a bike...I dont think sooooooo. I build 600 hp busa tubo bikes and 180/200 plus hp Harleys every week...I think I know a little about this stufff.....The Magana Charger that Bill sells( He makes) is not the same thats on a car. He runs it of the pinion gear it put holes in the crank case it flex's the pinion gear and hits off the case. Make a lot of heat and no 3 warranty again we are talking about Harleys ( Not Cars )

And one more thing they are not the same company.
Magan Charger for cars and Magna Charger for bikes are not the same company at all.

Also you can go to my website and see Pics of the magan charger I re build and have installed for people.
www.dragosbikeworks.com

Thanks,
Go ahead call Bill and ask him yourself see what you get...

Here something to read...(QT P/C)

Historically, other supercharger designs haven’t produced much power on Harley-Davidsons due to the hot charge air temperatures they produce. These hot temperatures not only result in less air density, they rob power by forcing the reduction of ignition timing. All non-intercooled superchargers and turbochargers operate with an intake manifold temperature in the general range of 90°-160° above ambient (outside air) temperature at 8 psi. At the same boost level, an Intercooled ProCharger operates at only 20-30° above ambient! This tremendous advantage from cooler air is just like the difference between riding on a cold winter day vs. the blistering heat of summer!

Roots-style superchargers generate excessive heat due to poor efficiency and the heat transfer resulting from being mounted to the engine itself and produce very minimal power gains. Turbochargers are able to utilize air-to-air intercooling and have efficient compressors, but are subject to extreme heat transfer from their exhaust interface and generate substantial exhaust back pressure. Intercooled ProCharger systems are the fundamental solution–not only is less heat added when the air is compressed, less heat is absorbed from the engine and exhaust, and the majority of the remaining heat is removed through an intercooler. Cool charge air temperatures reduce exposure to detonation and are the key to maximizing power and engine longevity.

Originally Posted by SoCalH-D
I beg to differ with you sir, I understand your allegiance to ProCharger, but do not knock what you do not understand. These are hybrid roots superchargers, with sizes ranging from 62cc to 2.3L. They are using some of the latest technology like that used in the ZR1 Corvette and CTS-V. These superchargers are close to 75% efficient, and will have a much more linear power curve than a centrifugal.

Magna Charger, 3 year warranty, easier to tune, and no heat.

FYI I am NOT from Bushlings place.

Last edited by DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS; 09-06-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:16 AM
SoCalH-D
Tourer

Originally Posted by DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS

Roots-style superchargers generate excessive heat due to poor efficiency and the heat transfer resulting from being mounted to the engine itself and produce very minimal power gains.
This comment right here tells me you do not know what you are talking about. As I stated in the post above the latest technology is far better than the old MP45 and MP62's that you are talking about.

Before you get into a pissing match, I have worked hand in hand with the engineers that designed these superchargers. I have see the test data, and I am using these superchargers EVERY DAY. Do not question what you obviously do not understand.

Again, I understand your allegiance to ProCharger and I can respect that, as I am sure you move allot of their product. I know those guys over there very well, and have the utmost respect for them. I just do not want to read you putting something down that you have NOT tested, have NOT seen, and have no idea about. If you would like a smaller TVS style supercharger to test on one of your builds I might be able to get one for you.....I am willing to bet you would be surprised.

Old 09-06-2010, 02:33 PM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor

Who are you telling me what I dont under stand. roots/twin style screws I am mechanical engineer by trade.

They dont even make a MP62's that you are talking about.
For a bike.

Here's my ? to you.
1. Have your ever installed a Maga Charger or any other type of supercharger on a evo or twin Cam style bike??????

2. How many do you sell and install all over the US?

3. Show me your dyno sheet on testing for bikes?

4, Where's the one on your bike?

5. Who are you and what do you do?

My dyno sheets are all over the place and my website. I can prove what I do!!!!

The old battle between Roots style - Twin screw and Centrifugale style blowers. I have seen all to of thee above but when it comes to a bike Ill stick with the Centifugal for Harleys,

All have there advantage and dis-advantage.

Twin screw: blower is a positive displacement type device that operates by pulling air through a pair of meshing high-tolerance screws similar to a set of worm gears.

Due to the different designs roots/screw type blowers boost more at the lower RPM level.

Centrifugal style: A compersor that puts more air in. Just like a roots.
1.This better in my op because they knock less and makes the engine more efficient at higher rpm where most engines are not. Even with a roots/twin screw design.

The boost provided by the centrifugal supercharger increases with the square of the speed. This means that the centrifugal design provides little boost at low engine speeds, in some cases allowing air to pass back through the supercharger, such as during deceleration. On the other hand, the design is also the most efficient,

Right now there are not to many options out there. From what I have seen and fixed and installed I will stick with the Procharger unit on Harleys.
Best support best parts nice looking and work great.
Until you can show me something better and prove it to me. This my 2 cents.

Again you say I dont understand then send me one....Thats better than a Procharger on a bike......(Not a Car) I will be more than happy to install it and dyno test it.
Thanks

Dragos Bike Works
209 Talladega Dr Sw
Poplar Grove Il.
Attn Frank Drago......

Give me a call if you want to talk about it I will be more than happy to answer any ????? you have.......
Frank D
Dragos Bike Works.
www.dragosbikeworks.com
815-765-1790

In the words of a good customer of mine
Just line it up!!!!!!!!!!!!
That proves all>>>>>>>>>>>>>In my world.( I like That saying.)

Originally Posted by SoCalH-D
This comment right here tells me you do not know what you are talking about. As I stated in the post above the latest technology is far better than the old MP45 and MP62's that you are talking about.

Before you get into a pissing match, I have worked hand in hand with the engineers that designed these superchargers. I have see the test data, and I am using these superchargers EVERY DAY. Do not question what you obviously do not understand.

Again, I understand your allegiance to ProCharger and I can respect that, as I am sure you move allot of their product. I know those guys over there very well, and have the utmost respect for them. I just do not want to read you putting something down that you have NOT tested, have NOT seen, and have no idea about. If you would like a smaller TVS style supercharger to test on one of your builds I might be able to get one for you.....I am willing to bet you would be surprised.

Last edited by DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS; 09-06-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:53 PM
KingenCo
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there really any other option besides procharger for an EFI twin cam? I'd love to run a kenne bell or whipple on my bike, if they made a kit. That being said, it seems pointless to argue that brand "x" superchargers are better when they aren't able to be used on new fuel injected motors. I would love to be proven wrong and shown there are other supercharger kits out there, but it seems as though ATI has a hold of the market.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:25 PM
SoCalH-D
Tourer

The point I was trying to make is there are head units available for those that would like to fabricate their own deal. And with Franks obvious abilities he could easily make a nice supercharger system out of a 6th gen Magnuson Supercharger.

Quick Reply: other supercharger than "Procharger"