Bike of the Month This section contains all nomination and voting threads and information, ONLY. See Rules before nominating or voting!

How do you like the new BOTM voting system?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 09:18 PM
JacktheBagger
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I never voted under the "old" system , so cant comment on it .. It seems fair enuff as I see it .. I like all models , even tho' I have a Bagger , among others , I voted for Travelers Sporty when he was in it .. And I dont particulary like Sportys ( dont tell OL ) .

I vote on what I like about the bike , not the model ..

That said , what about those of us who have something like my signature pic .. It was a Bagger in its day , so now 56 years later is it a Bagger or a Classic ?? Would you consider a Classic category for say pre evo ( 83 and earlier )

Old 12-21-2008, 10:07 AM
shiftless
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts

HEY, My 84 wide glide aint no EVO! Are we susposto post our pix someplace for all to see? Or how do we know what everybodys bike looks like to nominate one?

Old 12-21-2008, 01:22 PM
JacktheBagger
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

ya hafta have pics in yur photo album .. But then do like most here and put a pic in your signature , so someone will know to look ..

So you have a very early 84 , very early , my 84 EVO had EVO bottoms , and some early EVO's had Shovel bottoms , so HHMM three distinct models in one year

Old 12-21-2008, 08:29 PM
DevilsReject

Originally Posted by BaggerDriver
I never voted under the "old" system , so cant comment on it .. It seems fair enuff as I see it .. I like all models , even tho' I have a Bagger , among others , I voted for Travelers Sporty when he was in it .. And I dont particulary like Sportys ( dont tell OL ) .

I vote on what I like about the bike , not the model ..

That said , what about those of us who have something like my signature pic .. It was a Bagger in its day , so now 56 years later is it a Bagger or a Classic ?? Would you consider a Classic category for say pre evo ( 83 and earlier )
If your bike was/is a bagger in its day, then its still a bagger today in my book. I think it's easier to list them by what they were rather then how we'd classify em now...

Old 12-22-2008, 06:19 AM
shiftless
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts

my answer did'nt aply...

Last edited by shiftless; 12-29-2008 at 10:21 PM. Reason: dont belong here
Old 12-29-2008, 12:58 AM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yikes, I got lost on the 4th post... do whatever you think is best and thanks for your work.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:26 AM
J
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the new system is confusing and unfair. Bike of tthe month is exactly that... BIKE... not Sportster of the month or Dyna of the month. If you're gonna do it in categories then we should do a BOTM in each sub-forum. ie softail, sporty, touring, etc... Then at the end of the year all of the winners should compete in a BOTY in each sub-category and then those winners should compete in one final contest.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:31 AM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I preferred the original format. I have really stopped voting or paying attention under the new system. I usually vote for my favorite bagger but a few time I have thought other styles were better. I think if you are going to split categories then every category has a BOM and then a runoff between those winners to see who is overall winner. Like I said, with the new system I'm just not paying attention anymore.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:36 PM
skullhead
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I must not be the brightest bulb on the tree because the new system confuses the cr@p out of me. Takes the fun out it. I agree with some of the others here it should be BIKE of the month period end of story.

But it is what it is and I guess you have to do what you can to keep the majority happy. That said why don't you do a poll. One question. Do you like the new method or should you go back the old method, and see what kind of response you get.

Anyway I give you credit, you have a tuff job and the pay sucks.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:57 PM
DevilsReject

I can tell you right now we wont run 6 or 7 or 8 seperate polls to make every bike option have a bike of the month of its own....its too much effort....and then its always going to be a section thing that votes on it...

The original option was okay, but the problem was that one particular bike style always seemed to be winning, and it just became less and less popular with other people.

The purpose of rotating the bikes is to get more sections involved and getting them up against better bikes.

Believe me, no solution is going to be perfect, and some will hate every option presented, but ultimately we're trying, and that's a start..

Quick Reply: How do you like the new BOTM voting system?