Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tunes for my heritage softail

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 12:26 PM
floridapoolboy
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Tunes for my heritage softail

I finally had my Streetglide sound system where I wanted it. Sony HU, PPI 4 channel amp, Ipod, Infinity speakers in the fairing, Polks in the lowers, and then I traded my bike for a Heritage! I'm liking the lighter weight, sitting "in" the bike, etc. but I really miss my tunes. It seems like most of the Audio threads are about baggers, time for some Softail action. So far I've decided on the following:

http://www.kicker.com/pxi502

Amazon.com : Rockford Fosgate PBR300X2 Punch 300-Watt 2-Channel Boosted Rail Amplifier : Vehicle Stereo Amplifiers : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Rockford Fosgate PBR300X2 Punch 300-Watt 2-Channel Boosted Rail Amplifier : Vehicle Stereo Amplifiers : Car Electronics

https://www.denniskirk.com/mh-instru.../> /406922.sku

I'll be feeding the Kicker from my Ipod Nano, from there it goes through the 300x2 and on to the handlebar mounted speakers. The Kicker waterproof wired remote will be mounted to my bar clamp or on the tank bib, whichever works better. The amp, controller and Ipod will be stashed in my left saddlebag, hooked up with quick disconnects. I'm interested in reading what others have done for Softails, Road Kings, etc. It's more of a challenge without a fairing, that's for sure. I'll post pictures once the speakers arrive, wish me luck!

Last edited by floridapoolboy; 09-06-2014 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:34 PM
onecoolpilot
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

I've been looking at options for my heritage too. There's a bunch out there, and not too many reviews that I'll trust.

I'm curious. The offerings from HD and Kury are around the same price range as what you posted above (I'm assuming the kicker device is at least $100), why did you choose this route?

I've looked at options from Shark, Uniq Cycle Sounds, and few others.

Old 09-06-2014, 02:02 PM
floridapoolboy
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I wanted the flexibility of separate components, as opposed to speakers with built in amps. I already have the RF 300x2 amp, so I might as well use it. I became spoiled on my last bike since my Sony HU was an Ipod controller, I ran the cable to my bag and kept the Ipod in there. The Kicker lets me do the same thing, the Ipod is charging while the bike is on and the wired remote can control all the Ipod functions. I didn't want to leave my Ipod out on the bars or tank the way the self amplified speakers make you do. Believe me, I looked at all the systems like Boom, J&M, Kuryakyn, Shark, Uniq, etc.

Old 09-06-2014, 04:49 PM
Brew61
Cruiser
Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

When I had a Handle Bar system on my RK I went with these guys. I was pretty happy with their systems. I now have a Reckless Fairing and Tour Pak for over nighters so went with a full stereo system.

http://motorcycletunes.com/default.asp

Bruce

Old 09-07-2014, 02:47 AM
onecoolpilot
Tourer

double post

Last edited by onecoolpilot; 09-07-2014 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:48 AM
onecoolpilot
Tourer

Originally Posted by floridapoolboy
I wanted the flexibility of separate components, as opposed to speakers with built in amps. I already have the RF 300x2 amp, so I might as well use it. I became spoiled on my last bike since my Sony HU was an Ipod controller, I ran the cable to my bag and kept the Ipod in there. The Kicker lets me do the same thing, the Ipod is charging while the bike is on and the wired remote can control all the Ipod functions. I didn't want to leave my Ipod out on the bars or tank the way the self amplified speakers make you do. Believe me, I looked at all the systems like Boom, J&M, Kuryakyn, Shark, Uniq, etc.
I get it. I will be connecting my phone, so it will be on me when I leave the bike. I had been looking for options with Bluetooth connectivity so I don't have to plug my phone in to listen to stuff. And yeah, since you already have the amp, it makes more sense to just get the pieces you need.

Originally Posted by Brew61
When I had a Handle Bar system on my RK I went with these guys. I was pretty happy with their systems. I now have a Reckless Fairing and Tour Pak for over nighters so went with a full stereo system.

http://motorcycletunes.com/default.asp

Bruce
Thanks Bruce. I'll add that to the list of stuff I can decide between