Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blown TS-D6902R

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014 | 02:52 PM
Eshaw301
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Blown TS-D6902R

Well, I have been having a really bad rattle lately. I took apart the latch, tried using all sorts of sound deadening materials and still couldnt get rid of it. Well, I decided to open the bag up while music was playing and low and behold, I had a blown speaker. I pulled the speaker out and the tweeter was just hanging loose from the rest of the speaker. Put the new Pioneer in and now everything is back to normal. Here are pics of the tweeter stalk. Notice the scratch marks towards the bottom where it had been rubbing back and forth. Im hoping this is more of a defect than anything else. I sure hope it has nothing to do with the music I listen to.

Attached Thumbnails Blown TS-D6902R-pioneer-tweeter-sideways.jpg   Blown TS-D6902R-pioneer-tweeter-up.jpg  

Last edited by Eshaw301; 08-05-2014 at 06:41 AM.
Old 08-04-2014 | 02:58 PM
Buckinfitch
Supporter

I hate when that happens... blown a few sub-woofers and speakers in the day, used to be clear nail polish, elmers glue would do the kwik-fix.

Old 08-04-2014 | 07:41 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member

No big deal...I've had 2 do that.....With all that bass and vibration, coupled with the speakers mounted sideways, this is just the result that can happen.

I just pulled the tweeter stalk off, made sure the wires were snipped off, and stuck it back in.

I don't use the Pioneers for the tweeters !!

Old 08-04-2014 | 08:45 PM
Geezer glider
Tourer

You sure it's not the music he's listen to?

Old 08-04-2014 | 08:58 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Geezer glider

Oh, it for sure is !! Same genre I listen to !

Old 08-05-2014 | 06:39 AM
Eshaw301
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Geezer glider
Oh its definitely the music...lots of hip hop, r&b, and rock and roll. I put both extremes thru my system...all the highs and all the lows.

Old 08-05-2014 | 06:40 AM
Eshaw301
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Buckinfitch
I hate when that happens... blown a few sub-woofers and speakers in the day, used to be clear nail polish, elmers glue would do the kwik-fix.
Initially thats what I was going to do but I bought the protection plan when I got the speakers so im just gonna send em back.

Old 08-05-2014 | 01:01 PM
Bagger_Vance
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Eshaw301
Oh its definitely the music...lots of hip hop, r&b, and rock and roll. I put both extremes thru my system...all the highs and all the lows.
Ditto.

Old 08-06-2014 | 09:51 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Eshaw301
Well, I have been having a really bad rattle lately. I took apart the latch, tried using all sorts of sound deadening materials and still couldnt get rid of it. Well, I decided to open the bag up while music was playing and low and behold, I had a blown speaker. I pulled the speaker out and the tweeter was just hanging loose from the rest of the speaker. Put the new Pioneer in and now everything is back to normal. Here are pics of the tweeter stalk. Notice the scratch marks towards the bottom where it had been rubbing back and forth. Im hoping this is more of a defect than anything else. I sure hope it has nothing to do with the music I listen to.
Eshaw -Let me tell you a little story my friend. Now this is just food for thought. I was in Tulsa Oklahoma for a bike rally this past weekend. Must of been at least 50,000 bikes. Anyway, I was staying at the Marriot and there were at least 50 or 60 bikes in the parking lot I'd say 90% all Harleys and a few Gold Wings. They had an area outside where you could actually wash your bike. So while waiting in line with a few other guys. This guy turns on his stereo on his street glide and I thought Holy hell what kind of system does this ole' boy got in his bike? So you know me. I HAD to ask. Turns out this old boy had 4 infinity 6 X 9's in each saddle bag and the JL-C3650's in his upper and lower fairing with some kind of Kenwood amp?? I forgot the model number. Anyway that was one hell of a system he had in his bike! What surprised me the most was the bass he was getting from the 8 infinity's. Holy ****!! LOL, I have a pair of those same speakers and they sound good but WAY better with 6 more. He had two in each lid and two facing the wheel. A little extreme for most guys that use their saddle bags to carry stuff. But that dam thing sounded good! This guy had 10 guys surrounding his bike when it was all said and done. By the way the JL- C3's were keeping up with the 8 infinity's. Awesome!

Old 08-06-2014 | 09:54 AM
Eshaw301
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Eshaw -Let me tell you a little story my friend. Now this is just food for thought. I was in Tulsa Oklahoma for a bike rally this past weekend. Must of been at least 50,000 bikes. Anyway, I was staying at the Marriot and there were at least 50 or 60 bikes in the parking lot I'd say 90% all Harleys and a few Gold Wings. They had an area outside where you could actually wash your bike. So while waiting in line with a few other guys. This guy turns on his stereo on his street glide and I thought Holy hell what kind of system does this ole' boy got in his bike? So you know me. I HAD to ask. Turns out this old boy had 4 infinity 6 X 9's in each saddle bag and the JL-C3650's in his upper and lower fairing with some kind of Kenwood amp?? I forgot the model number. Anyway that was one hell of a system he had in his bike! What surprised me the most was the bass he was getting from the 8 infinity's. Holy ****!! LOL, I have a pair of those same speakers and they sound good but WAY better with 6 more. He had two in each lid and two facing the wheel. A little extreme for most guys that use their saddle bags to carry stuff. But that dam thing sounded good! This guy had 10 guys surrounding his bike when it was all said and done. By the way the JL- C3's were keeping up with the 8 infinity's. Awesome!
Wow...but you lost me when you said two in the lids and two in the bags. Man thats just too much for me. I would have loved to hear it though.

Quick Reply: Blown TS-D6902R