Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ASWC-1 / Metra install AND PROGRAMMING (left push as MUTE) Guide

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 06:14 PM
Dawort
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I grounded the pink/white wire and got it to work. Had the black wire going to the harness and to the triple tree. Cut the wire to the triple tree and got it to work. The mute is an attenuator which turns the vol way down on the Sony MEX-M70BT but doesn't mute it totally. Put the fairing back on and everything worked except the volume. Redid the setup, got it all to work and when I put the fairing on again all but the vol worked. Getting a little frustrated but when I get time again might run the ground different. Have the amp and the aswc-1 both on the triple tree, maybe it would work if I tied the 2 together or run it to the battery?? Unless there is a better, closer spot?

Old 07-04-2015, 05:14 AM
mslater741
Road Master

i made a T splice on the pink and took it to ground …..i got the volume to go from 3 to 0 now i get no sound …. have tried to reset controller but not having any luck …. hard to see the flashes and count red or green …. wish i had never started this

Old 07-04-2015, 07:47 AM
Dawort
Cruiser

Originally Posted by mslater741
i made a T splice on the pink and took it to ground …..i got the volume to go from 3 to 0 now i get no sound …. have tried to reset controller but not having any luck …. hard to see the flashes and count red or green …. wish i had never started this
Not quite to the point of giving up yet but hope I can work out the problems. I connected everything like was in the guide on this sticky and think I am getting closer. Did you connect like the guide or the Metra manual? You'll get it worked out as will I. A lot of info and knowledge on this forum. It all started for me when I heard a stereo on a HD coming down the street in Ventura, Ca. It sounded better than most car audio systems I have heard and I got the bug. I know it won't get to that point, I hope, but thought my stereo was a bit lame. Good luck!

Old 07-04-2015, 07:55 AM
mslater741
Road Master

i really hoped the programming on the ASWC-1would have worked …. i have so many variables to fix … i just ordered a biketronic amp to replace my arc amp which seems to be bad since i get no sound without bypassing the amp and wire directly to head unit

Old 07-04-2015, 08:02 AM
Dawort
Cruiser

That sucks about the amp but you will like the Biketronics. I have a BT4180 it's easy to install and it sounds good. Maybe we can get some experts to chime in about the ASWC-1. I did notice that grounding is really important on them but don't know if that's part of your problem.

Old 07-18-2015, 05:26 PM
easymoney1146
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm officially stumped. Sounds so simple to hook this up and I can't get the controls to work on the bars. Red,yellow, black are good. Pink from left bar is grounded to chassis ( tried lighter first) brown is hooked up to 3.5 to Kenwood. Reset the ASWC and waited for the flash. It flashed twice for Kenwood but then just flashes red/green and never stops. Once you turn off the key, the green lights for power then goes out so the program never happens. Any idea how to proceed?

Sorry for the stupidness.

Jamie

Old 07-19-2015, 08:50 PM
fenwick
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

i recently had a prb with my battery and the hand controls stopped working. i can get it to re-program but then stops working after a couple of minutes. any suggestion

Old 07-27-2015, 06:58 AM
09baggerdude
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by easymoney1146
I'm officially stumped. Sounds so simple to hook this up and I can't get the controls to work on the bars. Red,yellow, black are good. Pink from left bar is grounded to chassis ( tried lighter first) brown is hooked up to 3.5 to Kenwood. Reset the ASWC and waited for the flash. It flashed twice for Kenwood but then just flashes red/green and never stops. Once you turn off the key, the green lights for power then goes out so the program never happens. Any idea how to proceed?

Sorry for the stupidness.

Jamie
I'm having the exact same issue with my Kenwood. Wondering if I should try the pink/white from the harness tothe cut pink/white like was stated eearlier

Old 07-29-2015, 11:28 AM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,225 Likes on 3,756 Posts
Default ASWC-1 Fail

I had been posting my progress in this thread..https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...ll-update.html

but I have run into problems with my installation...none of the handlebar functions work

Programming went fine. Followed the Auto-Detect Sticky...got my 7 green flashes followed by 2 red flashes which means it detected my Kenwood HU. Only problem is none of my handlebar functions work....nothing, nada.

I had cut the pink/white wire and connected the handlebar end to the ASWC-1 pink/white wire as per the ASWC-1 instructions. Then seeing how nothing was working....I cut the wire and grounded the handlebar end...tried reprogramming....kept coming up as an Alpine...7 red flashes...apparently this means your SWC wire is not connected...but it is....so I disconected the pink/white from ground and reconnected it to the ASWC-1...reprogrammed it....voila, 2 flashes=Kenwood...but handlebar controls don't work...

The HU is a Kenwood KDC-358U....I've attached the wiring diagram from the manual...SWC wire is light blue/yellow

I had a Biketronics Kit before, it was a no brainer, bought the Metra because it was half the price, kicking my butt now...

Stumped....

Jim

Attached Thumbnails ASWC-1 / Metra install AND PROGRAMMING (left push as MUTE) Guide-kenwood-kdc358u.jpg  
Old 07-29-2015, 02:30 PM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,225 Likes on 3,756 Posts
Default No SWC Signal from Head Unit?

I've reached the conclusion that the SWC wire from my HU is not doing anything...so no handlebar controls....I was resetting, then pressing volume up and releasing...7 green flashes and 2 red...thought I was golden

Tried manually programming functions, and no led changes on the ASWC-1

Then just for the heck of it, I reset without touching the volume up and it does exactly the same thing...so I don't think it was ever seeing a signal from volume up

Good news is I bought the Kenwood HU on discontinued clearance for $55, bad news it I bought it out of town and no longer have the box or the receipt. My next step will probably be buying another HU that has the 1/8 plug on the back for SWC and trying to sell mine.

Quick Reply: ASWC-1 / Metra install AND PROGRAMMING (left push as MUTE) Guide