Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ASWC-1 / Metra install AND PROGRAMMING (left push as MUTE) Guide

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 09:56 AM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by MarylandUltra05
Has anyone done this mod on a 2005 Ultra WITH rear speakers? My new Kenwood HU obviously has wires for rear speakers (2 each rear side) but the Metra adapter does not; it only has wires for the front speakers.

I guess I can splice into the rear speaker wires outside of the connecter but I'm not sure which of the millions of wires go to the rear speakers or where would be the best place to splice them, like are they in the orginal harness that the Metra connecter goes to or are they in the other harness from the oem radio that is now not being used (the 2nd of the 2)?

Any ideas????
you do NOT need speaker wires on the metra/aswc-1 kit. the sole purpose of the kit is for the handlebar controls, nothing more... look at previous pictures and also manual, that's all you need to do. your amp will need to "feed" your speakers. so if you want to use your bike wire harness to get to the rear speakers you will need to splice or figure out the wires. most of us AFAIK do not use the speaker lines in the wire harness.

Old 06-11-2015, 07:36 AM
MartinSporti
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Metra 99-9700 and ASWC-1

Has someone it already installed using the Metra 99-9700 and the ASWC-1 for the Controls ?

In the Metra instructions it sounds "easy" with the cabeling, due to their new harness and connectors they provide.

Looking forward for your information.

Martin

Old 06-21-2015, 11:13 PM
letsgomurphys
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I installed the 99-9700 kit on my '14 SG and didn't have too many programming issues. It's important to follow each step to the t. When initializing the handlebar controls, I had to hold the volume button in the up position with the ignition off, then turn it to the on position. Now it works just fine. Not dealing with this stupid harley flash issue is worth the money to do the aftermarket radio. Plus I have full eq capability.

Old 06-25-2015, 02:59 PM
Dawort
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Installed a new Head Unit today and the only thing I got to work with the aswc-1 is the vol and seek up and down. No mode, source or mute functions. Tried it a few times according to the guide but came up with the same thing. Don't know what I am doing wrong??

Old 06-25-2015, 10:42 PM
letsgomurphys
Cruiser

On the left control pushing it in changes the source on mine. I haven't tried figuring out mute myself.

Old 06-26-2015, 12:09 PM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

if your ground is not solid (pink/white wire) it will act up with no reason or rhyme...

Old 06-26-2015, 09:43 PM
Dawort
Cruiser

I am starting to wonder if I grounded the right end of the pink/white wire. It's the end from the handle bars correct? I'll have to take the fairing off and look again. Just wondering, why does the Metra instructions say to connect the pink/white wire to the one on the harness and this guide says to ground it?

Old 06-27-2015, 12:10 AM
letsgomurphys
Cruiser

I think the instructions for the new Rushmore bikes are different. I followed the metra kit instructions and didn't have any problems. But again, I haven't tried hooking up the mute either. Just hit up metra and see what they say.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:02 AM
mslater741
Road Master

Originally Posted by HDAUDIOMAN79
With the newer Metra wire harness that comes with the aswc-1 connector you only have to connect one wire to the bike which is a pink/white long wire. So when you buy a ASWC-1 to use for your hand controls, you do not use the connector that comes with it. You use the 12-pin connector that comes with the Harley Davidson Metra 99-9600 instead of the one that comes with the ASWC-1. On the harness you will notice a long pink/white wire which will connect to the pink/white wire on the bike that will be cut. The hand control side of the cut pink wire will connect to the long pink/white wire from the ASWC-1 harness. Then the other side of the cut pink/white wire at the bike connector side gets tapped off. Then start the auto detect programming which was stated in the thread.

The 12-pin connector to the ASWC-1 connected to the HD Metra harness. The Sony MEX GS610BT wire harness.
do we or don't we ground the pink/ white wire ?

Old 07-03-2015, 09:04 AM
Dawort
Cruiser

That was my question too. Guess I'll ground it and see if it works. Sounds like a lot of other have it grounded. If that don't work I'll try it according to the Metra manual.
Originally Posted by mslater741
do we or don't we ground the pink/ white wire ?

Quick Reply: ASWC-1 / Metra install AND PROGRAMMING (left push as MUTE) Guide