Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ASWC-1 / Metra install AND PROGRAMMING (left push as MUTE) Guide

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 07:16 PM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 113 Posts

Is it possible with a Sony Cdx-20 and the aswc kit to make the right side thumb control, control the volume. It is a 2011 cop bike and already has the radio installed and is working great, but the thumb controller is not hooked to anything yet that I know of. When you hit the thumb control up or down ( not sure what way) a P lights on the dash. Bike only has a right side controller, I think because it's a cop bike. Any input would be greatly appreciated before I look into it. The aswc kit is still in an unopened box. Friend will be happy if it simply controls the volume.
Kris

Old 03-23-2015, 12:21 PM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackPearl#1
Is it possible with a Sony Cdx-20 and the aswc kit to make the right side thumb control, control the volume. It is a 2011 cop bike and already has the radio installed and is working great, but the thumb controller is not hooked to anything yet that I know of. When you hit the thumb control up or down ( not sure what way) a P lights on the dash. Bike only has a right side controller, I think because it's a cop bike. Any input would be greatly appreciated before I look into it. The aswc kit is still in an unopened box. Friend will be happy if it simply controls the volume.
Kris
TBH - I would not know, never worked on a "cop" bike...

Old 03-23-2015, 11:32 PM
2007z71
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, first off the instructions are awesome and very straight forward but I do have one question. repeatedly it has been said that we only use the Red, Yellow, and black (sometimes the brown) wires from the 23pin connector of the Metra kit. Where the hell does this longer pink/white one go. As I have read the only mention of pink/white is cutting it from the left side handlebar side and grounding it and heat shrinking the other end. in the Metra directions it says something different. see picture below.

Attached Thumbnails ASWC-1 / Metra install AND PROGRAMMING (left push as MUTE) Guide-metra.jpg  
Old 03-24-2015, 09:33 AM
AAWAV
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 2007z71
Ok, first off the instructions are awesome and very straight forward but I do have one question. repeatedly it has been said that we only use the Red, Yellow, and black (sometimes the brown) wires from the 23pin connector of the Metra kit. Where the hell does this longer pink/white one go. As I have read the only mention of pink/white is cutting it from the left side handlebar side and grounding it and heat shrinking the other end. in the Metra directions it says something different. see picture below.
follow the guide I wrote. Post #11 in this thread, picture 1 shows the pink white wire.
cut after OR before the connector, depending on your preference and setup. I cut it AFTER due to monkey bar and me not extending the wires in the handlebar. ground the pink white wire half part coming from the handlebar (picture 2), other half "cap" off...
that is what the metra kit meant to say as well

Old 03-24-2015, 10:57 AM
2007z71
Tourer

Originally Posted by AAWAV
follow the guide I wrote. Post #11 in this thread, picture 1 shows the pink white wire.
cut after OR before the connector, depending on your preference and setup. I cut it AFTER due to monkey bar and me not extending the wires in the handlebar. ground the pink white wire half part coming from the handlebar (picture 2), other half "cap" off...
that is what the metra kit meant to say as well
AAWAV sorry about all the trouble but I seem to be missing something or I'm just over complicating things. I totally understand what you are saying but what about the pink/white wire coming off the Metra 23pin connector ? there was no mention as to what to do with it.

I know what to do with:
Pink/white wire on the bike (cut it, ground end going to the bars, cap other end
Red from metra --> HU Red
Black from metra -->HU Black
Yellow from metra --> Hu- Yellow
Brown from female 3.5mm --> HU remote
????Pink/white from Metra 23pin ???????? do I just cap it?

I'm really not a dumb ACE HAHAHAHAHAHA, well maybe.

Attached Thumbnails ASWC-1 / Metra install AND PROGRAMMING (left push as MUTE) Guide-met-999600.jpg  
Old 03-24-2015, 11:05 AM
AAWAV
Road Warrior

AAWAV sorry about all the trouble but I seem to be missing something or I'm just over complicating things. I totally understand what you are saying but what about the pink/white wire coming off the Metra 23pin connector ? there was no mention as to what to do with it.

I know what to do with:
Pink/white wire on the bike (cut it, ground end going to the bars, cap other end
Red from metra --> HU Red
Black from metra -->HU Black
Yellow from metra --> Hu- Yellow
Brown from female 3.5mm --> HU remote
????Pink/white from Metra 23pin ???????? do I just cap it?

I'm really not a dumb ACE HAHAHAHAHAHA, well maybe.
my bad - was on webex for work for a software demo and only read pink-white...
in short - let it hang lose during testing (just in case), once all fine, cap off. I cannot recall the pink white wire on the metra connector and my wire harness is all taped up. 99.99999% procent sure you do not need it

Old 03-24-2015, 11:10 AM
2007z71
Tourer

Originally Posted by AAWAV
my bad - was on webex for work for a software demo and only read pink-white...
in short - let it hang lose during testing (just in case), once all fine, cap off. I cannot recall the pink white wire on the metra connector and my wire harness is all taped up. 99.99999% procent sure you do not need it

Appreciate the help, Ill try it tonight.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:31 AM
VETERAN75
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for posting this helpful information. Worked like a charm.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:40 AM
VETERAN75
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Appreciate the help, Ill try it tonight.
I just completed my install last night. I did not use that pink/white wire on the metra harness. I cut it at about 3 inches and taped it up.
Since I used rca cables for my speakers I removed the speaker wires i didn't use from the connectors prior to install. That reduces some clutter of unused hanging wires. There was a couple others I removed that weren't going to be utilized either.
I put in a kenwood stereo, PA rz2000 amp, ht speaker lids with 6x9 kickers, 6.5 hertz in fairing.
The mute programming worked the also.
I used ultranutz instruction on setting gains with a meter. Sounds good.

Thanks to people like yall for taking time to help.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:27 AM
AAWAV
Road Warrior

it is down this thread, but for those running a kenwood, I just did an install of a kenwood HU.

metra harness to kenwood harness:
red to red
yellow to yellow
black to black
blue-yellow - BROWN wire of the 3.5mm female jack that comes with ASWC*
blue-white - to [remote on] on your AMP if applicable

THE REST on the metra harness and kenwood harness: cap off.

* the brown-white wire on the 3.5mm female jack is NOT used. as Haze mentioned.

when I have time on my hand, I will adjust the manual.

also, kenwood DOES support "fast forward/backward" on the right LONG push up/down. Mute (ATT) works as well if you program the ASWC-1 with the guide.

Quick Reply: ASWC-1 / Metra install AND PROGRAMMING (left push as MUTE) Guide