Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1991 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic - Audio Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2022, 08:11 AM
DeputyLoud
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Update:
After a long winter and major mechanical rebuild and repair finally got the old girl back on the road. I had purchased already the Stinger amp prior to getting into all that. So yesterday I installed the amp. I have to say I am impressed. Better sound IMO, over the Cerwin Vega it replaced.

Found something interesting along the way. My rear pods were being powered by the subwoofer output from the head unit. Why did I do that? Lol.

Only thought could be that before I installed the rear pods I initially had a 2 channel amp for the 4" fairing speakers, which also had a subwoofer output channel. Then when I went to the 4 channel amp I never changed the output on head unit to use the rear output circuit for rear pods. Ran that way for years.

I now have full stereo sound with the frequencies and sensitivities set perfectly, IMO. No distortion, and the new Kappas sounds great. I was disappointed to find out tho that biketronics has discontinued their 4" speakers for these older fairings and are now recommending the Hogtunes speakers. IDK about that. So if these fail I am not sure what to do.

Ran across these, any thoughts?
https://www.motorcycleid.com/powerba...vehicle=171595