Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1991 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic - Audio Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 04:39 AM
DeputyLoud
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

used only the biketronics kit for head unit and stock hardware. Wound up just disconnecting the avc. Been very happy with it. Especially after adding on the rear pods. No complaints. Good luck.

Originally Posted by Mark Ballantine
I have a 95 flhtc and I'm struggling to find info or parts to upgrade my audio from factory(never worked). Did you find a dash kit to stabilize and secure the head? I just need something to get me by for a bit, did you get the AVC squared away or ended up disconnecting it? Thank you so much for this informative and inspiring thread

Old 04-06-2019, 11:01 AM
Mark Ballantine
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DeputyLoud
used only the biketronics kit for head unit and stock hardware. Wound up just disconnecting the avc. Been very happy with it. Especially after adding on the rear pods. No complaints. Good luck.
so the head unit fit snug or did you have to make some sort of brackets to secure it other than the bar that connects the ground? Thank you again

Old 04-06-2019, 11:29 AM
DeputyLoud
Road Captain

no mods for stereo. Stock mounting hardware. Amp is literally cable tied in place. Thats a whole nother deal. Plenty of info about sizing on those. Got a cpl yrs on mine now without needing any further adjustments.

so the head unit fit snug or did you have to make some sort of brackets to secure it other than the bar that connects the ground? Thank you again

Old 04-06-2019, 03:54 PM
Mark Ballantine
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DeputyLoud
no mods for stereo. Stock mounting hardware. Amp is literally cable tied in place. Thats a whole nother deal. Plenty of info about sizing on those. Got a cpl yrs on mine now without needing any further adjustments.
At this point I'm not concerned with an amp hook up yet but where did you find the sizing info for our outdated batwings? I've searched the forums and couldnt find anything.

Old 04-06-2019, 04:39 PM
DeputyLoud
Road Captain

all over the audio forum. Search for threads of mine about the amp setup I used. My opinion is an amp is required. But thats just me. I also have loud pipes and a yearning for hard rock in my bones. Cant speak to any other specifics off rhe top of my head besides mine is a rockford fosgate. Been too long.

At this point I'm not concerned with an amp hook up yet but where did you find the sizing info for our outdated batwings? I've searched the forums and couldnt find anything.

Old 09-05-2021, 12:53 PM
DeputyLoud
Road Captain

Thought this post deserved an update. The prior post was inaccurate in that I installed a Cerwin Vega B4 amp, and removed the Rockford Fosgate. Also noteworthy my Infinity Kappas 62.11i, just failed after 5yrs. Found they are discontinued. Was bummed about that. I ordered the next Gen KAPPA 62IX. Hoping they do not disappoint. Considered a set of JBL's. Should have these on tuesday, hope to get installed before the weekend. Fingers Crossed. I'll admit I didn't do much research in the forums on these. Anybody have them with any major complaints?

Old 09-08-2021, 08:28 AM
mcdc1224
Road Captain
Received 109 Likes on 94 Posts

The 62IX'S are as good or better....have used the 63XF also

The following users liked this post:
DeputyLoud (09-17-2021)
Old 09-17-2021, 09:10 PM
DeputyLoud
Road Captain

Originally Posted by mcdc1224
The 62IX'S are as good or better....have used the 63XF also
So I got em installed. Still having some cut out randomly. Pretty sure my amp is toast. Did find one of the 62.11i speaker housing was broke. Magnet would have busted loose before too long. Thought for sure that was the issue. Kind of a strange failure.

New ones seem tinny and my front speakers aren't putting out like they should be. Distorting too soon.

Got my eye on a Stinger SPX700X4 amp maybe. Probably, lol. Unless there's a better option in same price range or cheaper?

Old 09-18-2021, 09:25 AM
mcdc1224
Road Captain
Received 109 Likes on 94 Posts

The Stinger should work good with them

Old 09-18-2021, 09:57 AM
DeputyLoud
Road Captain

Originally Posted by mcdc1224
The Stinger should work good with them
Great Thx!

Last edited by DeputyLoud; 09-18-2021 at 11:22 AM.

Quick Reply: 1991 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic - Audio Upgrades