Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Static, then lose sound. Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 03:59 PM
lnadler
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Static, then lose sound. Need help!

I have a 2006 SEUC and bought the Boom speakers and had a hogtunes amp installed in the fairing. The radio was changed twice for the same problem. Once I had no sound at all from the radio- but now I will get static from the rear, and sometimes right front speaker after riding for awhile. I don't have the sound turned up much and this still occurs. I often wear a headset, and after awhile I hear static coming from the front or rear speakers. Other times the sound goes out completely, and I flip the speaker switch on the fairing and I get sound again. This occurs with or w/o the headset and it's very annoying.
Could there be a problem with the fairing switch- since I get sound back when I flip the switch? Or could it be a defective amp? I doubt it's the radio, since it has been changed twice and the problem persists. If I take it to the Harley shop, they will want to replace the radio again and I'll be back to square 1.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

Old 06-22-2014, 05:44 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

inadler ,,,,,,,

bypass the amp with the speaker wires coming directly from the radio, and connect them to the speakers ,,,,,,,

please tell me how that works ,,,,,

Old 06-23-2014, 06:43 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by lnadler
I have a 2006 SEUC and bought the Boom speakers and had a hogtunes amp installed in the fairing. The radio was changed twice for the same problem. Once I had no sound at all from the radio- but now I will get static from the rear, and sometimes right front speaker after riding for awhile. I don't have the sound turned up much and this still occurs. I often wear a headset, and after awhile I hear static coming from the front or rear speakers. Other times the sound goes out completely, and I flip the speaker switch on the fairing and I get sound again. This occurs with or w/o the headset and it's very annoying.
Could there be a problem with the fairing switch- since I get sound back when I flip the switch? Or could it be a defective amp? I doubt it's the radio, since it has been changed twice and the problem persists. If I take it to the Harley shop, they will want to replace the radio again and I'll be back to square 1.

Would appreciate your thoughts.
happens on ALL sources: AM, FM, CD, CB, AUX?