Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rockford Fosgate vs ARC Audio???

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 10:34 AM
rkoener
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I am not really sure what to do now. LOL I put the kickers in last night and I do think they sound better than the ARC speakers. I have this RF 300x2 amp so I might just try it and see how it sounds too. Had I known what was in there before, I would have just purchased the Kappas and been done. I never even thought to pull the fairing before I purchased the other stuff.

From what I am hearing it sounds like the best sound from the parts I have would be the combination of the RF amp and the Kicker speakers. Having said that, is it worth buying the Kappas and then just returning or selling the RF amp?(or I could keep it till I install rear speakers).

Old 06-12-2014, 10:45 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by rkoener
Well, I am not really sure what to do now. LOL I put the kickers in last night and I do think they sound better than the ARC speakers.
no surprise there friend. :-)

I have this RF 300x2 amp so I might just try it and see how it sounds too.
again, the difference between these two amps is negligible at best. If you want to use it, by all means. Certainly won't hurt anything.

Had I known what was in there before, I would have just purchased the Kappas and been done. I never even thought to pull the fairing before I purchased the other stuff.
IMO the Kappas would be a better match for either one of those amps.

From what I am hearing it sounds like the best sound from the parts I have would be the combination of the RF amp and the Kicker speakers. Having said that, is it worth buying the Kappas and then just returning or selling the RF amp?(or I could keep it till I install rear speakers).
that's completely up to you man. If you like the way it sounds with those Kickers, you'll love the way it sounds with those Kappas.

If you decide to get rid of either amp, let me know.

Old 06-12-2014, 11:30 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
no surprise there friend. :-)

again, the difference between these two amps is negligible at best. If you want to use it, by all means. Certainly won't hurt anything.

IMO the Kappas would be a better match for either one of those amps.

that's completely up to you man. If you like the way it sounds with those Kickers, you'll love the way it sounds with those Kappas.

If you decide to get rid of either amp, let me know.
Totally agree with Nutz on all accounts. . You have two very nice amps at your disposal right out of the gate! Some guys take a month trying to decide which one of those amps to buy . . lol

Old 06-12-2014, 12:56 PM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

"Having said that, is it worth buying the Kappas and then just returning or selling the RF amp?(or I could keep it till I install rear speakers)."

Hate to ruin a deal, but if any amp can be returned for a full refund,why not?

Old 06-12-2014, 01:10 PM
rkoener
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I don't use the RF amp I will probably just keep it until I install rear speakers and then use it for them.