Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hmmmm?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 09:43 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
Mikeman ,,,,,

that is certainly a good idea, and maybe even more than a good idea ,,,,,,,,

but please understand that it is not MY fault that I may be one of the only audio systems manufacturers that takes the time to perform all of these comparison tests, post the results here when applicable and pay the $$ to promote the J&M product line-up on this forum,,,,

it takes ALOT of time, every day, every week, every month, of every year, to keep up with the posts on this forum that are applicable to motorcycle audio on the Harleys ,,,, answer individual questions, make recommendations based on prior experience etc,,,,, (and waste time sparing with those individuals who just cannot resist or have an axe to grind))

I welcome the thought of BIKETRONICS or HAWGWIRED, or HOGTUNES or FOCAL or anyone else in this business to become an HD-Forums sponsor, pony up the monthly fee for the banners etc and the right to make promotional posts and answer questions from the forum members,,,,,,

because if I am 100% sure about anything tonight, it is that many of you would love to see some audio posts without COMMAS !!!! ,,,,,,,,
Let's make it perfectly clear who threw the first dagger John! I had no axe to grind with you sir, get over yourself. I have bought, installed, tested your product as well as many others in the past and I have recommended your products where applicable and other products where applicable. I'm sorry you feel that you're not getting 100% of the pie here.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:51 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

Ultranutz,,,,,,

you are wrong ,,,,, I DO promote J&M products here, but I also answer MANY technical questions ALL THE TIME from forum members, without pushing our product in their face ,,,,

and lest you forget, when the audio system posts were lumped together for MANY years in the Touring Section ,,,,,,, "I" Have Been right here, posting away with YOU, Glacier Pearl, Pioneer, and many others ,,,,,,,,

ALL OF US have contributed to the success of this now Audio section of HD Forums ,,,, and "I" have also monetarily contributed, every single month for more than 5 years I believe, all the way thru this recession ,,,,,,

and the best you can do is tell me that all J&M has to offer that is any good are our 500w overpriced ROKKER XTP amplifiers ?? along with superior customer service ?,,,,,,

I want to inform you that sometimes THE BEST costs money ,,,, often real money,,,,

let the readers form their own opinions on that part, but for you, as the moderator here on HD Forums to show this kind of animosity toward the J&M product line-up JUST because YOU think it is overpriced IS WRONG ,, and I will call you out on this every time I see it ,,,,,

Old 05-26-2014, 09:54 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

price animosity? is that all you got out of what I said John?

Old 05-26-2014, 10:08 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

Ultranutz ,,,,,,,

yes ,,, ((and I am sorry if I am just old and fat now)) ,,,, but that is pretty much the sum of what I got from your post,,,,

Yes it is a big audio world out there, and more and more companies are coming in for this new piece of pie on the Harley audio systems ,,,,,,

many of them don't stay around long and/or run off at the mouth with outrageous or unproven performance numbers that are only applicable in the automotive world ,,,,,,,

J&M Has and will continue to be in this for the long haul ,,,,, providing not only the best performing audio products that we know how to build for your Harley, but service AFTER the sale as well ,,,,,

as far as our speakers, just being speakers made by a company in China ? ,,,,, who in the world do you think tells them HOW to make them ? ,,,,,, who do you think designs them from top to bottom in the first place ?? ,,,,, ME ,,,, and I apologize if that sounds egotistical ,,,,,

Old 05-26-2014, 10:31 PM
ridedaddy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

John, may I ask a question? Why with the price of your products is it necessary that you out source your speakers to china? I ask this not to be a dick but becouse I personally ordered your rokker 7.25" speaker kit. To be honest once I recieved the kit I was alittle disappointed, the first thing that jumps out at the customer when removing the products from the package is the "made in China" stickers plastered all over the very expensive products. As a consumer paying good money for parts for my "American" made motorcycle it doesn't sit well. Not that my American made bike is all American but that's another conversation. I also realize that most things are not made in this country anymore especially electronics but concidering your an audio company that basically survives from the Harley motorcycle market I just feel an American made product would earn you a lot of respect. The other thing that urked me was I ordered a "speaker kit" that came with several items, some of which I didn't feel I needed and other that I had to have but were not included aka tweeters!!!!!! I didn't realize this was the case when ordering so I guess it's my own fault but it doesn't cahang the fact that after buying a $350 speaker kit I still have to spend another 60-100$ to complete your product. I've headed you claim before that it's do e this way becouse there are tweeter "options" but the fact is its a poor way to sell a kit and I'm sure it's for monitary gain. I can't speak for the sound of your speakers becouse to be honest I returned them. I wasn't willing to spend another $100 for a tweeter kit.

Last edited by ridedaddy; 05-26-2014 at 10:57 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:03 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

Ridedaddy ,,,,,,,,

thank you for your very honest post and good questions ,,,,,,,,

why do we still have our speakers made in CHINA ? ,,,,,, quite simply we have a very long and valued relationship with our vendor there and they work very hard to build the speakers the way I want them ,,,,,,,

prior to establishing this China/J&M relationship our Harley speakers were made in Japan ,,,, but by the early 2000s, we just could no longer be price competitive in the marketplace with the Japanese made speakers ,,,,,,,

and unfortunately ,,, just look around ,,,, automotive type speaker manufacturers (not distributors or sales reps) occupy four major countries in this world today ,,,, China, India, Italy and I believe France ,,,,, every where else is just a storefront,,,,,

as for why we took the grills with tweeter/midrange OUT of our ROKKER XX speaker kits for the 2006-2013 Harleys ? ,,,,, that was probably the biggest flubb I have made in a while, but it was an honest flubb ,,,,,

when we went from the ROKKER XT speakers to the ROKKER XX speakers, the price to us jumped significantly because of the large increase in the amount of Neodymium used for the magnet, and the even more high-tec vented voice coil ,,,,,

but I did NOT want the price of the entire speaker kit to go over $400, so something had to go,,,,, either the grills with tweeter & midrange OR the plain grills, along with the acoustic fairing pads,,,,,

so at that moment in time, (prior to learning about the new 2014 Harley changes)) I threw out the grills with tweeter and midrange, as MANY folks were and still are using our component tweeters, kicker tweeters or the Hog-Tunes tweeter bar ,,,,,,,

if I had it to do over again, I would have thrown out the acoustic foam pads and the plain grills ,,,,, but I no longer have the luxury of changing my mind on that one ,,,,

Old 05-27-2014, 01:40 AM
ridedaddy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Well thanks very much for the reply john it's much appreciated. On a side note I understand the political issue that ultra and yourself are having and maybe part of myself can even see both sides. However at the end of the day I do feel that ultra does his best to just be as honest as possible in recommending certain setups to people with a honest opinion. I myself have only been playing this Harley audio game for a short time and ALL people on this forum have given me guidance and info at some or many points throughout the process. Very few people get on this forum and say " I have a new bike and I want to spend thousands on a stereo upgrade". Most people like myself try to be cost effective and start off small with a $100 amp and maybe $150 for speaker or whatever but 99% of the time high end audio is a "second or third stereo" move. The advice I recieved when first starting out led me to a set of polks and a soundstream amp, not becouse ultra or anyone else thought it was "the best" but becouse it was a solid choice to fill what I was asking for at the time as far as what I was wanting to spend or thought I needed to spend. As far as what ultra or anyone else is recommending to the guys that are looking at high end audio such as yours I just feel like all the regulars here at hd forums we all see your adds and sales pitches and that's cool and all but at the end of the day when someone asks ultra or anyone else what there personal opinion is they should be able to give that opinion honestly. If the knowledge on this forum has to bow down and only support the sponsers then there is going to be a real injustice at one point or another. If the advice or opinion of ultra is so important or purswaysive then maybe you should put your differences aside and send him some of your latest equipment on a short term trail to show him the advancements you've made?

Last edited by ridedaddy; 05-27-2014 at 01:44 AM.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:01 AM
mickeylynn
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pioneer74
cue a j&m commercial in 3....2.....1.....
bwahahahaha

Old 05-27-2014, 08:42 AM
Bigboyride
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well said ridedaddy. I am sure that i will get bashed for chiming in here as just someone with an axe to grind but I sometimes cant keep my mouth shut. I am new to Harley and this forum. I bought my bike in August 2013 and i will say that this forum has taught me a lot and saved me a lot. I am a DIY'er especially for stereos and stuff. I have been installing car stereos for my friends and myself since High School but the older i got and the more complex the electronics got, i quit doing so much myself. Thats why i buy many products for my new ride that are plug and play. I can cut, splice and solder with the best of them, but something about not cutting into this new bikes wiring system makes me smile. So when I started thinking of upgrading the Stereo I started looking at Boom and JM and others who offered P&P . I have bought many products because of this forum(J&S Jacks, LRS, Hammock Seat to name a few) and I have bought some because of investigating online myself(Cobra Power-Pro Headers, Cobra Race Pro slip ons) even though not many on this forum had used them before. I have also bought other items that many on here have said not to buy(3 pocket windshield bag for example). My point is this forum is a great place for information about upgrades for our rides. There is a lot of years and dollars spent expierence here that helps us new guys to make IMO good decsions. I come here to hear real world experiences, not sales pitches. Everyone in business believes in their product or hopefully they wouldn't sell it. I believe that it's a company's right to promote their product on any forum or electronic media that they choose. BUT IMO,,,,, The best way to promote your product is to LISTEN to the people buying it and to try to give them want they want. I realize you can't please everyone, but people must believe in what you are saying to buy your product. Actions speak louder than words and to me, the best way to see what i should really look at to purchase for my Ride is to look at the Signature Line of everyone. What did these people with all this expierence actually put on their bike. After many many systems and or pipes or tuners or whatever forum discussion you are looking at, what did they spend their money on? That's what I want to look at and compare. When i bought my J&S jack, I looked at the video they have, but it was the overwhelming praise and remarks made by the many forum members who purchsed this jack that actually made up my mind. Never once did i see where J&S came on the forum and told everyone that they make the "World's Best Jack" They didnt have to, their customers told me. I respect a man who has put his heart and his time and his money into a company and a product that he believes in,,,, BUt he must realize that his product may not be for everyone and to alienate future clients with an " Over the TOP" sales pitch isnt IMHO a very good sales strategy, but its not my Company. My Father, Rest his Soul, taught me many things in life and one of them was" Son if you are good at what you do, you wont have to tell anyone you are the best, your teammates and your fans will do it for you."(I played a lot of sports in High School) I wish every business on this forum much success. But i really thank the people who post their honest opinions and experiences( you know who you are on this Audio Forum), as they are just trying to help their fellow rider get the best sound they can for their dollar. Thanks for your time and effort it takes to answer questions and help the rest of us do it right the first time.
Soap box gone..

Last edited by Bigboyride; 05-27-2014 at 09:41 AM.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:44 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
Hybrid Audio Technology Legatia series of speakers. If there was ever any doubt as to the best there is, it's being answered!
Dam . . I go on vacation for a week and all hell breaks loose. . .All I want to know is when Biketronics is going to launch their new line of speakers? I love buying new audio stuff for my bike! Heard a lot of good things about the Legatia series from HAT. . Here we go again!! lol

Quick Reply: Hmmmm?