Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Volume vs Clarity for J&M ROKKER systems

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 06:47 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Volume vs Clarity for J&M ROKKER systems

For those who have heard the "fugly" rumor that J&M ROKKER systems might be louder on the highway than our competition, but somehow they are not as clear ,,,, I would like to set the record straight ,,,,

Distortion numbers for the J&M ROKKER systems, are as good or better at the same decibel volume level as ANY of our competitors including Harley BOOM ,,, and including our systems for the 2014 Harleys ,,,,,

in addition, what good does it do for any system to have low distortion specs, if it is not loud enough to even hear on the highway at speed ?

The J&M ROKKER XT/XX StreetGlides and 2014 Ultra Limited will be on display for your listening pleasure all next week during the AMERICADE rally in Lake Goeorge NY, and then the following week at the Laconia Rally in NH ,,,,,,

ANYONE that wants to compare their system to the J&M ROKKER, for BOTH clarity and volume available, just pull your bike up to the big J&M audio demo trailer and listen to them side-by-side with yours ,,,,

advanced install appointment requests to audio@jmcorp.com ,,,,,,

Old 05-24-2014, 06:53 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

when are you guys coming back around the Houston area?

Old 05-24-2014, 06:56 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts

Galveston in November ,,,,

Old 05-24-2014, 06:58 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

not gonna make it to Sturgis this year (at least I don't think so at the moment), as I have a father in law that's not doing well. Would hate for something to happen while I'm away.

I'll see you in Galveston.

Old 09-07-2015, 12:01 AM
Arhino04
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder if mine are set up correct then cause they sound better than my stock but my buddy just bought a victory magnum with just the fairing speakers and it smokes my system. At the red light I could clearly hear his over mine and his is the stick kicker stuff victory has. I'm bummed and unhappy to say the least. I can't go change anything with out voiding my warranty since everything on the amp is taped over.

Old 09-07-2015, 11:52 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Arhino04
I wonder if mine are set up correct then cause they sound better than my stock but my buddy just bought a victory magnum with just the fairing speakers and it smokes my system. At the red light I could clearly hear his over mine and his is the stick kicker stuff victory has. I'm bummed and unhappy to say the least. I can't go change anything with out voiding my warranty since everything on the amp is taped over.
What Bike? and what is your present set up?

Old 09-07-2015, 12:07 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Did you get this installed at a dealer? Is that why you are concerned about warranty. If this is a newer bike you will find lots of posts where dealers have no clue what is the correct flash you need for you bike. Also if you look up older posts, folks had to reach out to J&M for an updated DSP setting for the amp.

Either way, please let us know where you got this installed and your warranty. If it were me, I'd return it.

Old 03-19-2017, 05:04 AM
jhiroshima80
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sent you an email John. Your only advice was for me to listen to your YouTube vid. That's it. Anything above center Bass, and your XXR speakers pop like something from Radio Shack. I've lined the fairing with 1/2" sound proofing mats. Could it be something in the presets for the amp? It would be awesome if you could at least look at it--on my dime(s) for shipping. I'm with the Marine Corps in Japan (FPO/AP). New 2017' RGS with your XXR 330w Speaker/Amp system

Old 03-19-2017, 05:15 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by jhiroshima80
I sent you an email John. Your only advice was for me to listen to your YouTube vid. That's it. Anything above center Bass, and your XXR speakers pop like something from Radio Shack. I've lined the fairing with 1/2" sound proofing mats. Could it be something in the presets for the amp? It would be awesome if you could at least look at it--on my dime(s) for shipping. I'm with the Marine Corps in Japan (FPO/AP). New 2017' RGS with your XXR 330w Speaker/Amp system
Brotha, ur not going to find JM John on this forum. Sorry!!!!
It's possible that one of his Techs may still be on the forum but I have not seen JM in a forum dialogue in a long damn time.

T

Old 03-19-2017, 09:51 AM
ILLADELPHFATBOY
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry to hear that man...that really sux. Like other's have stated, if the dealer flashed the system, it's very likely they did so incorrectly. That has been a huge issue in the recent past. Not to be a jerk or anything, but thats why I chose to go with Biketronics...reputation of components and of customer service. Been a year of hard riding at max volume so far, and not one hiccup with my tunes.