Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&M Speaker Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 10:34 AM
ROLLNTIGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default J&M Speaker Question

I am in the planning and removal stage of adding a new sound system to my bike. The prior owner had already added J&M Speakers to the front fairing. The question is I thought he just upgraded and added the same size speakers. It looks like a much larger speaker than stock. Its model #40-453. Is this a 6.25 or 7.1. If I don't have to replace them I don't want unless the general opinion is that they won't be compatible. I want to add a Sony Bluetooth and lower fairing speakers with two RF amps and rear 6x9 Pioneers.

Old 05-02-2014, 10:42 AM
Fozzy4325
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ROLLNTIGER
I am in the planning and removal stage of adding a new sound system to my bike. The prior owner had already added J&M Speakers to the front fairing. The question is I thought he just upgraded and added the same size speakers. It looks like a much larger speaker than stock. Its model #40-453. Is this a 6.25 or 7.1. If I don't have to replace them I don't want unless the general opinion is that they won't be compatible. I want to add a Sony Bluetooth and lower fairing speakers with two RF amps and rear 6x9 Pioneers.
If there are no problems with the speakers then don't replace them. You will not get much improvement in sound unless you are a super keen audio guy.

I have replaced my stock speakers with Polk speakers then to change them out as there are issues them. I have purchased JM XX Rokker speakers 7 1/4" speakers and some biketronic 7.1 speakers to test which are the best.

However its all about cost. If you have about 370 to burn than do it

Old 05-02-2014, 01:32 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by ROLLNTIGER
since that part number 40-453 doesn't correspond to anything on J&M's site I would suggest calling John. If you're putting amps in, and the speakers are fine, then leave them. Change them at a later date if needed.

Old 05-02-2014, 01:53 PM
ROLLNTIGER
Outstanding HDF Member

Here are a couple of photos of the speakers

Old 05-02-2014, 01:57 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

that looks like the first version of the Rokker 7.25"

If they work for you sir, use them.

Old 05-03-2014, 12:22 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

U/N ,,,,,,,,,

you are correct ,, those are the very first versions of the J&M ROKKER 7.25" speakers ,,,,,,,

they will work very well, with medium to high powered amps ,,,,,,,,,,

the ONLY speakers I have found to be more durable then they are, under a high powered amp, are the latest version ROKKER XX (((see http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=45 ,,,,,,,,

we even offer a trade-in program for all first and second generation (blue-in-color) ROKKER 7.25" speakers, for the ROKKER XXs, at $99.99 with trade ,,,,,,,,

the ROKKER XXs are rated at 156w RMS continuous power, and really do pound out the sound, with maximum durability, even when connected to a big amp, like the J&M ROKKER XT or RF 300 ,,,,,, http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....=HCRK-7252-RXX ,,,,,

Old 05-03-2014, 12:30 PM
ROLLNTIGER
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks for the reply. I think I'm going to keep em once I add the lowers and rears with amps it should wake em up even more.

Old 05-07-2014, 02:07 PM
MaceWindu
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
U/N ,,,,,,,,,

you are correct ,, those are the very first versions of the J&M ROKKER 7.25" speakers ,,,,,,,

they will work very well, with medium to high powered amps ,,,,,,,,,,

the ONLY speakers I have found to be more durable then they are, under a high powered amp, are the latest version ROKKER XX (((see http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=45 ,,,,,,,,

we even offer a trade-in program for all first and second generation (blue-in-color) ROKKER 7.25" speakers, for the ROKKER XXs, at $99.99 with trade ,,,,,,,,

the ROKKER XXs are rated at 156w RMS continuous power, and really do pound out the sound, with maximum durability, even when connected to a big amp, like the J&M ROKKER XT or RF 300 ,,,,,, http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....=HCRK-7252-RXX ,,,,,
John, would you consider offering a trade-in for your regular 7.25" speakers for a set of Rokkers? I installed them before the Rokker line came out, and just upgraded by adding an amp. The current speakers sound good, but if I can get Rokkers with a trade in, I'm all in!.

Old 05-19-2014, 10:26 AM
joselk1
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MaceWindu
John, would you consider offering a trade-in for your regular 7.25" speakers for a set of Rokkers? I installed them before the Rokker line came out, and just upgraded by adding an amp. The current speakers sound good, but if I can get Rokkers with a trade in, I'm all in!.
I'd be interested in a trade in like this too....

Old 05-24-2014, 01:27 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

MaceWindu ,,,, joselk1 ,,,,

new J&M ROKKER XX 7.25" speakers (only, no grills, spacers or hardware) for $99 with trade in of the older blue ROKKER XT speakers ,,,,,,

new J&M ROKKER XX 7.25" speakers (only, no grills, spacers or hardware) for $199 with trade in of the older black J&M Performance series 7.25" speakers ,,,,,,

example of the J&M ROKKER XX speakers with specs here http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=45 ,,,,,