Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for Speaker Recommendation EGC 2002

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 12:58 PM
TourRider59
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Speaker Recommendation EGC 2002

I recently bought a 2002 Electra Glide Classic that has lots of chrome goodies added to it. The bike is in excellent condition with the exception of the speakers. I believe the speaker grills have been upgraded as they have a crome ring as well as bar w/HD symbol across the middle. Only problem is that the speakers are either blown or degraded to the point of a lot of rattle and static.

Having music is important to me, but only to a point. If possible, I want to replace the speakers only for a good quality sound. Tough to say how far my requirements go beyond stock because I never heard the stock speakers. In addition, I'd like to still be able to use the upgraded speaker grills if possible.

Let me know what you would recommend and why you favor it over other options. Also, let me know if including an amp in the deal is not optional and should be considered a requirement.

Thanks,

TourRider59

Old 04-22-2014, 01:37 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2002 = Radio Sound head unit. Those, IIRC, are 8-ohm speakers.

IMO, I would replace them with Hogtunes speakers designed for that model year, unless you plan on adding an amp or swapping out the head unit.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:01 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by TourRider59
I recently bought a 2002 Electra Glide Classic that has lots of chrome goodies added to it. The bike is in excellent condition with the exception of the speakers. I believe the speaker grills have been upgraded as they have a crome ring as well as bar w/HD symbol across the middle. Only problem is that the speakers are either blown or degraded to the point of a lot of rattle and static.

Having music is important to me, but only to a point. If possible, I want to replace the speakers only for a good quality sound. Tough to say how far my requirements go beyond stock because I never heard the stock speakers. In addition, I'd like to still be able to use the upgraded speaker grills if possible.

Let me know what you would recommend and why you favor it over other options. Also, let me know if including an amp in the deal is not optional and should be considered a requirement.

Thanks,

TourRider59
One word Sir! *UPGRADE* and yes amp is a requirement. If you are a true " TourRider" your going to need an amp. Just the nature of the beast.