Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is Hawg wired good?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 07:25 AM
SourMash
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Hawg wired good?

I had thought they were but now after reading this page, I don't know if they are reputable or not. It seems that no one has mentioned them. I was leaning toward their system but now I have doubt. What I am looking for May not even be possible after reading some of these posts anyways. I am wanting something that sounds great at 80 mph. I have an '08 SG with Rineharts. I am not concerned with winning any competitions. My choice of music is hard rock; Five Finger Death Punch, TOOL, Motley Crüe, Alice in Chains, etc,etc..
Is this possible without spending over $1k?

Old 04-20-2014, 07:49 AM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member

Are you just doing the fairing speakers? Do you plan on keeping your stock head unit? Do you listen to FM radio or use WB?

Old 04-20-2014, 08:18 AM
SourMash
Advanced

My bad, kinda forgot to mention all the necessities. For the time being, just the fairing speakers but not opposed to adding some tweeters to the fairing. Later in the future, possibly adding lid speakers. I do plan on changing out the head unit but not sure what is a good one. I have music on my phone that I would like to plug into the unit also.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:57 AM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

Nothing wrong with the plug-n-play system like Hawg Wired and J&M, but to me for the money you can do it yourself for less and get as good if not better sound from your system. Lots of choices. Rockford Fosgate PBR amp, SoundStream 4.520d and speakers from a to z. Lots of information in this section of the forum that will help you put together one heck of a system and have money left over for other mods. I started with a Hawg Wired system, sure wish I had the resources of this forum before I had plunked all that cash down. Good luck on your set up and lean heavily on the people in this forum, you'll be glad you did in the long run.

Old 04-20-2014, 03:51 PM
SourMash
Advanced

Q, thanks for that reply. I guess I was under the impression that audio meant for a car was not gonna work too well with a bike. I was thinking about the vibration and weather getting to the equipment. I will continue to ask questions as time goes on, hope you all are patient with me. Don't mind spending the money but also only want to do it once. Thanks again,

Andy