Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Think I Need Some New Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 11:46 AM
vitalidle
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
most interested in your source for audio to the amp and how you integrated that into the handlebar controls.
Still working on integrating the ipod remote to the handlebar controls. I like how bsnilloc incorporated his remote, but it won't work for me. I need volume controls more then any other function. Also I want to keep it stock ie: I want to keep from cutting, splicing, or soldering my handlebar switches. From the wiring diagrams I have looked at the handlebar control wiring all ends up at the 23 pin female radio plug. I plan on accessing it by buying the 23 pin male plug, and wiring my remote to the 23 pin male plug. It looks like the mode switch, and the volume switch both have a common wire. The volume switch is the pink/white the mode is brown/white. I will use them as the ground. However the pink /white is also used on the up side of the mode switch, so like the pac controller I need to pull the pink/white wire pin from the 24a plug and add a ground wire in its place. I think its doable in theory, but we shall see how it works after Im done with it. lol. Im on the hunt for a remote that will work. My plan is to have it working by next weekend. As far as the audio to the amp goes....I have a 2nd gen ipod nano wired from the 3.5mm headphone jack to the rca inputs on the amp. I was worried about the low voltage the ipod puts out, and thought I might need a line driver. Those fears were quickly diminished when I turned the volume up.....its loud enough to hurt your ears, so no line driver needed.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:39 AM
vitalidle
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its taken me a bit to finally get around to making this work. It is something that can be done. Its time consuming, and you better have a steady hand, but its really rewarding when it works. I originally went with a wired remote that arrived doa. I had a hard time finding a wired remote that would allow me to have the functions I wanted. I found a wireless one that works on rf, and has all the functions with a pass through dock, so I can hook my charger to the ipod as well. I was a bit apprehensive to pull the trigger, because of the fm issues some are having with the nano amp. I figured what the heck its only 30 bucks if it works great.... if it doesn't Im not breaking the bank. I bought the inav wireless remote with bottom dock that works by rf. So far there is no issues with the nano amp, and the rf remote. I wired up play/pause to the audio up/down switch by pressing the switch in for play then pressing again to pause. I also wired the up/down volume functions as well. I only have forward track working, because of my steady hand soldering lol. I somehow lost the reverse track function on the remote, as I soldered the wires to the switch. I used the mode select down switch on the right hand controls for my forward track function. I ended up with 8 wires soldered to the remote board. There is one on each side of the switch. Both hand controls have a common wire for all three functions of the switch. I wired the positive side to the common wire, and then the negative to the corresponding wire from the switch side to make the circuit for the switch to function. I bought a 23 pin header plug and soldered my harness accordingly, so I could just plug it into the 23 pin radio plug on the bike. I will write up a wiring diagram with the corresponding colored wires, and what pins to solder too on the plug, with some video of the controls in action as soon as I can. I have $30 in the wireless remote, and $20 in the 23 pin header plug. I had the wires heat shrink, and soldering iron already. Here is some pics of my crude harness and plug.

Old 05-29-2014, 12:19 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Holy ****!! Did Biketronics close down? LMAO!!

Old 05-29-2014, 12:33 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Vitalidle sounds like me. Will do something just to prove it can be done

Lol

Good job man!

Old 05-29-2014, 12:45 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
Vitalidle sounds like me. Will do something just to prove it can be done

Lol

Good job man!
Yes Sir I agree. . Unfortunately I'll have to wait until I retire to re-invent the wheel. . lol