Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speaker Upgrade / Amp Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 07:25 PM
Az-Riding
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker Upgrade / Amp Issue

I have read through a lot of the threads and have learned more here then looking through most of the online information out there.

I own a 2013 Street Glide and am presently running the stock stereo head unit with the Audio Boom AMP running the "upgraded Audio Boom Speaker". (yea yea don't laugh I know)

My wife knew I was going to stick an Amp in the fairing so being the person she is; she went to Harley and asked what they recommend. They obviously just recommended the Boom Audio Amp. Since installing it every time I turn the stereo up to about 8 or 9 it begins to cut out (would have crushed her if I didn't use for at least a while). Cuts out for a split second. It does not do it when the bike is off with just the stereo on but when running, it starts acting up. More common when RPM run up (I really mean all the time at high volume running hard).

I ride a lot ... I love music and I love my stuff loud.

I have been told to adjust the gain screws but I can not find any on the amp at all. I have since managed to blow one of the speaker so I am going to upgrade these ASAP with the changing of the Amp later.

I see people recommending the Titan II and the Polk mm 651. Is there something else I should be looking at?

I am open to all suggestions.

I would appreciate anything you guys could recommend.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:09 PM
Az-Riding
Stage II

One other ... Will the current set up be better off with the 6.5 or is the system not pushing enough for the 7.1

Old 04-15-2014, 04:46 AM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get a Rockford PBR 300/2 amp, and a set of Biketronics 7.1's !!!

Old 04-15-2014, 12:18 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by GLACIERPEARL
Get a Rockford PBR 300/2 amp, and a set of Biketronics 7.1's !!!
+1 On the X2 and 7.1's

Old 08-08-2014, 12:51 PM
STLFLSTF_Mike
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Az-Riding
I have read through a lot of the threads and have learned more here then looking through most of the online information out there.

I see people recommending the Titan II and the Polk mm 651. Is there something else I should be looking at?
I know this post is a couple month old but I'm looking thru history to find some 2 ohm after market speakers for my Street Glide. When I look up the Polk MM651 it says that it does not fit the 2013 Street Glide.
Anyone know if this is true or just BS from the site I'm checking.

Old 08-08-2014, 01:06 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by STLFLSTF_Mike
I know this post is a couple month old but I'm looking thru history to find some 2 ohm after market speakers for my Street Glide. When I look up the Polk MM651 it says that it does not fit the 2013 Street Glide.
Anyone know if this is true or just BS from the site I'm checking.
They will fit with adaptors. With the problems associated with that model, make sure you buy them from an authorized dealer in case they self destruct.

Old 08-08-2014, 01:26 PM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Pioneer74
They will fit with adaptors. With the problems associated with that model, make sure you buy them from an authorized dealer in case they self destruct.
+1.

I would consider the Infinity 62.11i as a speaker as well - 2ohm
with PBR300x2.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:24 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

+2 Read Pioneer74's statement twice if you have to.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:34 AM
chip594
Intermediate

+3!

There is a lot of negative talk on the Polks with the tweeter melting. I have the Polks on my bike and have not had that issue. They are loud, I do however find them a tad on the harsh side. But I think that may just be a nature of the beast, and with a little tweaking and Ultranutz's help I believe be that I was able to tone then down some. Though if I had to make the decision again I think that is go with the infinity 62.11's or the biketronics, but for your application the biketronics isn't 2 ohm.

Old 08-09-2014, 12:49 PM
Mac daddy 103
Road Master
Received 211 Likes on 127 Posts

Phat performance has a good deal on BT AMP & speaker package for $524

Quick Reply: Speaker Upgrade / Amp Issue