Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JL Audio speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 01:24 PM
chgofirefighter
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Default JL Audio speakers?

Can the JL audio C5 speakers or C2 fit in my 2014 SGS? I've been given some serious advice from Ultranutz, which the guy is a guru when it comes to motorcycle audio. He recommended me a setup with the Rockford Fosgate PBR amp and Infinity 62.11i speakers, however with his solid advice which I am considering just buying the recommended speakers/setup for my 14 SGS.

Now I don't know crap about installing, setting up, calibrating an audio system but at least if I could get the right components first then thats a fresh start in the right direction. Personally, my biker friends don't use Infinity speakers so I can't really comment on them, most of them use Biketronic products, JL audio, Focal speakers which are ridiculous expensive. Now grant it that the infinity speakers are extremely efficient, no doubt. But if I could spend just a lil bit of more money and get me a better speaker then why not? Of course that I have a budget and at this time I could find the infinity speakers for just $120 delivered too, which isn't a bad deal after all, the amp will only cost me $152 but if I could spend an extra hundred on a slightly better speaker then why not? Again I am not discrediting Ultranutz advice, however, I'm curious to know about JL audio speakers if they could be used for my setup and if indeed work better. If not, Infinity will be the ticket!

Old 04-12-2014, 03:56 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

JL's are nice But expensive. . . The Infinity's will sound better at speed. My brother has the JL C5-650X on his bike in the upper and lowers fairing. 499.00 a set. They sound dam good sitting still. But the infinity's will blow them away going down the road. JL's are SQ speakers. You lose all that on a bike running 75 mph. +1 on the Infinity's for your bike.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:45 PM
chgofirefighter
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
JL's are nice But expensive. . . The Infinity's will sound better at speed. My brother has the JL C5-650X on his bike in the upper and lowers fairing. 499.00 a set. They sound dam good sitting still. But the infinity's will blow them away going down the road. JL's are SQ speakers. You lose all that on a bike running 75 mph. +1 on the Infinity's for your bike.

Thanks, Infinity's will be!