Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amp and Speakers questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 02:50 PM
Kwesty
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amp and Speakers questions

Ok so I am not sure if this is an error on my part but I just recently installed a PBR300x2 amp and Polk Audio mm651's and from what i can hear so far it seems like i have something messed up cause the sound is horrible right now.

I hooked all this up this past weekend with a new radio (Sony Btx310) and im was only able to get sound to work using the RCA cables which was odd to me because when I wired in the amp I would have thought that would have been the better route but i had no sound so now im just running RCA cables to the amp. So then last night I installed the MM651's and at which point i used the wire input to get those to work. So as it stands now I have the RCAS connected on 1 side and then the imputs connected on the other side and I have really bad sound so far. I played with adjustments and i dont think i am anywhere close to the potential of this set up.

If anyone has any knowledge of this setup or input please let me know.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:43 PM
1sandking1
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Huh? Your question/info is a bit confusing. You say you are using RCA's and the high input?

Old 03-25-2014, 06:43 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Kwesty
Ok so I am not sure if this is an error on my part but I just recently installed a PBR300x2 amp and Polk Audio mm651's and from what i can hear so far it seems like i have something messed up cause the sound is horrible right now.

I hooked all this up this past weekend with a new radio (Sony Btx310) and im was only able to get sound to work using the RCA cables which was odd to me because when I wired in the amp I would have thought that would have been the better route but i had no sound so now im just running RCA cables to the amp. So then last night I installed the MM651's and at which point i used the wire input to get those to work. So as it stands now I have the RCAS connected on 1 side and then the imputs connected on the other side and I have really bad sound so far. I played with adjustments and i dont think i am anywhere close to the potential of this set up.

If anyone has any knowledge of this setup or input please let me know.
Have you referenced the Ultranutz sticky on this set up?