Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No radio reception after Biketronics Amp install.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 09:24 PM
peramus
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default No radio reception after Biketronics Amp install.

Ok, I installed the biketronics amp the the PO had in the box of parts. I'm guessing he uninstalled it for some reason perhaps the one I found. I've tried two different powered amplified hidden antennas, the one that came with it (blue wires and an unlabeled silver box) and a biketronics hoggtenna. I can't get anything for reception with either one. I've got the hoggtenna in there now and it's placed as far as I could get it from the amp. is there anything I could do to improve reception?

Old 03-17-2014, 09:34 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by peramus
Ok, I installed the biketronics amp the the PO had in the box of parts. I'm guessing he uninstalled it for some reason perhaps the one I found. I've tried two different powered amplified hidden antennas, the one that came with it (blue wires and an unlabeled silver box) and a biketronics hoggtenna. I can't get anything for reception with either one. I've got the hoggtenna in there now and it's placed as far as I could get it from the amp. is there anything I could do to improve reception?
What model number amp? What head unit? Silly question, but are you sure the powered antennas are getting power? Have you tried hooking up a standard whip/mast antenna and see if that helps?

Old 03-18-2014, 06:17 AM
peramus
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a biketronics 454 2 channel amp. I don't have a whip antenna to try (came with the internal antenna). I'm using a power source from the bottom of the fairing by the headlight (two female spade type connections on separate wires) where the original antenna was pluged in figured this was better than using the cigarette lighter which is also being used to trigger the amp (blue wire)

Old 03-18-2014, 06:20 AM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where is the amp grounded? Have you tried calling Biketronics?