Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Controller or Radio? Best Guess?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 07:17 PM
RedDogNC
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Controller or Radio? Best Guess?

Hello,

Another controller won't work situation. Installed an Alpine 149 deck. (Awesome BTW) Ordered a Biketronics 1002 by mistake (ad wasn't clear that it was Sony only...my fault) Hooked it up to the Alpine and obviously no go. Decided to save the 1002 for the wife's ride and I'll get her a sony soon. I ordered a Hawg Wired controller for the Alpine. Got is all hooked up and guess what...no go! Re did it several times and still no go. Could the Alpine's SWC input have been fried in some way using the Sony Biketronics unit earlier? What would you do? Can't call right now but need a plan of action.

Thanks!

Old 02-27-2014, 07:54 PM
camsmith
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmmmm...I have the Alpine 149 with the Hawg Wired controller as well.

I recall the instructions being very specific about setting the switches in the "Alpine" configuration before hooking either harness to it.

I know there is a way to reset the unit but I don't remember exactly how. I would try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and also push the reset button on the head unit behind the removable face.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:33 PM
RedDogNC
Tourer

Originally Posted by camsmith
Hmmmm...I have the Alpine 149 with the Hawg Wired controller as well.

I recall the instructions being very specific about setting the switches in the "Alpine" configuration before hooking either harness to it.

I know there is a way to reset the unit but I don't remember exactly how. I would try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and also push the reset button on the head unit behind the removable face.
I'll try the reset suggestion on head unit...wasn't aware there was one. I have switch 2 in the "on" position and the rest in the "off" position as per the directions. Hope it works.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:53 PM
RedDogNC
Tourer

Another example of why I LOVE this forum. Went to rest the Alpine and pushed the button to lower the face and the face popped out in my hand...not attached correctly. I hit the reset button and made sure the face was reinstalled correctly and now all is right with the world! Thanks!

Old 02-28-2014, 04:10 AM
camsmith
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Cool man! Glad it worked out. Yeah that's one small gripe I have about the 149...very cumbersome to reattach the face...BUT there are many ++++'s to it...

Old 02-28-2014, 06:53 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by RedDogNC
I'll try the reset suggestion on head unit...wasn't aware there was one. I have switch 2 in the "on" position and the rest in the "off" position as per the directions. Hope it works.
after you set the switches on the device, unplug ALL wiring to it. Let it set for a few secs and then plug it back in. As stated above, the instructions are VERY specific about setting your switches PRIOR to plugging anything into it. The BT 1005 controller is the same way.