Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some advice on setup

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 09:41 AM
BrianCash
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some advice on setup

So I was about to place an order with Biketronics on a complete package but thought I'd ask here first if it's even a nice system.

I have a 99 Road Glide, currently stock radio with hogtunes speakers.

I was going to purchase the Road Glide package from Biketronics with the Sony DSXMS60, I liked the idea of the built in ipod holster. I was probably going to stick with the included hogtunes speakers as mine are a few years old. Wasn't sure about the amp and the main reason I stopped what I was doing and started doing some research.

So what do you guys recommend for a good system? Is the Sony unit good? Is there better speakers and amp out there for the money?

Old 02-16-2014, 09:56 AM
oldwarrior
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Biketronics adapter for the Sony Radio in my 1995 Standard Dresser, easy install and sounds great, I replaced my 4" speakers in the fairing with 4" waterproof Polk speakers.
I also purchased Speaker Baffles for the back of the speakers from Crutchfield, all my control's work fine, no complaints, you can just order the adapter and find the same receiver at a lower price as I did.
But also the Sony receiver I have (Sony MEX-1GP) is long outdated, the front panel comes off and you connect it to your computer and drag and drop your songs to the panel, it has 1 GIG of memory, then just disconnect it and put it back on the bike.
I'll upgrade the radio one day, just to many irons in the fire at the moment, I like the Sony radios they seem to be well built, as far as an Amp goes i found the prices to high on them.

Last edited by oldwarrior; 02-16-2014 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:46 PM
BrianCash
Novice

Anybody have experience with RF PBR300X2? Saw that it's extremely cheaper then BT's amps. Would it still work with the BT package?

Old 02-16-2014, 07:07 PM
dmasonnj
Novice
Default Biketronics setup!

I just finished installing the following BT items. Sony CDC-gt710hd radio, 7.1 Titan II fairing speakers, speaker pods with 7.1 speakers mounted to removable tour pac, and the 4180 amp. All installed on my '12 street glide.

one word -AWESOME

Great sound and volume. Blows the original equipment away. Easy installation of all items. I used the tech support once and their help was great.

Give Biketronics a thumbs up.

Good luck with your project!!!