Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom Amp & Speaker kit,...

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 12:45 PM
jmbear328
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Boom Amp & Speaker kit,...

Ive been considering adding the Harley Boom Audio Bagger Amp & Speaker kit. I know there is a lot of audiophiles on here that aren't fond of the Harley stuff but, I have a $1,000 Harley gift card and I'm wandering if adding the Bagger amp and speaker kit will really improve the audio quality on my 14 Limited? I will admit that my stock 14 Limited's sound system is a thousand times better than the sound system on my 10 Limited. I guess my basic question is if the Harley boom system is worth the money?

Old 01-26-2014, 05:55 PM
UppercaseJC
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jmbear328
Ive been considering adding the Harley Boom Audio Bagger Amp & Speaker kit. I know there is a lot of audiophiles on here that aren't fond of the Harley stuff but, I have a $1,000 Harley gift card and I'm wandering if adding the Bagger amp and speaker kit will really improve the audio quality on my 14 Limited? I will admit that my stock 14 Limited's sound system is a thousand times better than the sound system on my 10 Limited. I guess my basic question is if the Harley boom system is worth the money?

Check out the videos by J&M comparing the Harley system to the J&Ms. The Boom system didn't fair too well.

Old 01-26-2014, 06:47 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmbear328
IMO, I would spend the gift card on a painted inner fairing or a chrome front end kit before the Boom audio. Some dealers sell more than Boom. Maybe your dealer does too. If so, check out what they have.

Or see if they have a bike there with the Boom installed. Maybe it will be enough for you, but it is quite expensive for the results you get.

Old 01-26-2014, 09:15 PM
dmasonnj
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boom not real upgrade

I was planning on using the BOOM products to upgrade my stock system on my SG. After posting on here as you did, it is clear that not many believe that BOOM is worth the money. I am now going to upgrade with the Biketronics products. My budget is about $1500. Give Bill a call at Biketronics and he will discuss the options with you. As for your gift cards. My local Harley dealer is more than happy to purchase these items for me and allow me to use my gift cards that I have been given.

Hope this helps.

P.S. I am also adding Tour PAC speakers (removable tourpak) and changing out the radio to a nice SONY unit. Also available from Biketronics.