Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pioneer ts d6902r 6x9 - how important to be waterproof

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 05:54 PM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
Default pioneer ts d6902r 6x9 - how important to be waterproof

planning on getting the HT lids and pioneers with second PBR300x2 (gotta find room for it in the fairing ).

I do not believe they are waterproof right?

now, I live where there are max 15 days of rain or so a year but on trips to UT/CA/... I might encounter some... and zip locks will not work...

but, as mentioned before you cannot beat the price nor the sound according UN & GP.

BTW think I found a great painter in LV (thx GP), see my stretched saddlebags / ... thread in the general Touring forum

Old 11-20-2013, 07:22 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AAWAV
planning on getting the HT lids and pioneers with second PBR300x2 (gotta find room for it in the fairing ).
Try this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hogtunes-2-C...ht_3046wt_1121

I do not believe they are waterproof right?
Nope.

Old 11-20-2013, 10:51 PM
AAWAV
Road Warrior

So what are consequences on not being waterproof.... I know GP runs them...

Old 11-21-2013, 07:01 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

no speaker is waterproof, they are mostly all water resistant. Much as I don't like Ed, Cycle Sounds has a set of lid covers that you could keep in your bags to slap on your lids if you get caught in the rain.

I really like this part of his website...

"Being an audio technician might sound glamorous, but it takes a lot of hard work and a passion for being an audiophile to pull off. Other companies think anybody can make a speaker, which is correct, but it takes true innovation to bring something to your customers that outperforms the competition and is truly unique. At Cycle Sounds our only business is audio products and we take a lot of pride in that. We simply can’t produce foot pegs and cup holders because it’s not what we’re passionate about. Without passion we have nothing and we would not be able to succeed in such a highly competitive business without it. When big brands try to mimic our products we are flattered, but when those products fall so short we know why. They don’t have half the background or the passion for audio products that we do. When you choose Cycle Sounds not only do you get a superior audio product you get superior customer support and a company who is willing to stand behind their product with the passion that helped create it."

He's so full of himself.. I'll put Mike and Bill @ Biketronics up against this clown any day.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:34 AM
floridapoolboy
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

If you are getting the HT lids why not get their speakers too? They say they are waterproof, and come with a guarantee. I've never heard these speakers, or even read a review of them, but I'd rather have waterproof lid speakers than something that will leak or short out.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:47 AM
AAWAV
Road Warrior

If you are getting the HT lids why not get their speakers too? They say they are waterproof, and come with a guarantee. I've never heard these speakers, or even read a review of them, but I'd rather have waterproof lid speakers than something that will leak or short out.
I I read this forum and trying to get the best sound for a reasonable price.
speakers are around 75-80 a set - so if they would "fail" it will not cost me a fortune to replace. Have not seen a lot of reviews regarding the HT speakers (TBH I did not really look for them either).

Old 11-21-2013, 08:55 AM
AAWAV
Road Warrior

Much as I don't like Ed, Cycle Sounds has a set of lid covers that you could keep in your bags to slap on your lids if you get caught in the rain.
a. I can see why... looking at the home page

b. CS website on the covers: "Enjoy peace of mind when leaving your Bagger Audio™ Saddlebag Sound System out in the rain by covering them with these easy to use hydrophobic fabric covers. Not for use while riding."

mmm - so got to stop in the rain, put covers on and get soaked, right ...