Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Louder Fairing Speakers??

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 05:32 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
is 5% off better than your eBay deals Brian?
It was for my V-Twin extended bag lowers. About $15 cheaper.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:17 PM
UppercaseJC
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Ohio HD Guy
Need input on Louder and larger fairing speakers for my 2012 FLHTK. I am currently using the Hogtune Speakers with the Hogtune Amp. I also have the Hogtune Lower Fairing Speakers.

Any ideas??
Research J&M you won't go wrong. You can easily do the install yourself and they are great folks to deal with

Old 11-21-2013, 07:09 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by UppercaseJC
Research J&M you won't go wrong. You can easily do the install yourself and they are great folks to deal with
until you pull up on the side of someone running HATs, Pioneeer, Polk, Kicker, Focal, etc. and a decent amp... and realize you should have done more research....

Old 11-21-2013, 09:44 PM
09B29
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

until you pull up on the side of someone running HATs, Pioneeer, Polk, Kicker, Focal, etc. and a decent amp... and realize you should have done more research....
ah yes
very true

Biketronics gets my vote

Old 11-21-2013, 09:58 PM
batone
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We'll now I am confused......2012 street glide....any brand amp and speakers will work???

Old 11-22-2013, 07:01 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

best setup IMO for a 2 speaker setup is the BT7P1 7.1" from biketronics with the RF PBR300x2 amp. Killer combination for under $400.

I know the BT 2180 amp is a great amp as well as John's (J&M) amps but it all depends on what you want to spend.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:16 AM
UppercaseJC
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Are you a vendor of amps and or speakers? I have looked back at your previous post and it seems like anytime J&M are mentioned then you slam them. Are they in some way a competitor of yours. I bought their 360 W amp and I love it. I am just waiting for them to come out with their new speakers for my 2014 Ultra limited.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:39 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Are you a vendor of amps and or speakers?
that would be a negative. Not that it's any of your business but I'm a 26 year IT Professional who has had a passion for installing quality audio since the 80s

I have looked back at your previous post and it seems like anytime J&M are mentioned then you slam them.
I don't slam anyone. You look back at my posts THOROUGHLY (not just the ones you want to find) and you'll find I call BS where I see BS no matter who it is. I've done it many a times with Kevin @ Dragonfly with the lower end Focal line of speakers, just like I have with Ed at CycleSounds with his leaking saddlebag lids, just like I have with VTwin Audio and their comments about 6x9s don't belong in a saddlebag because they have this new design of saddlebag lid out and performs better with 6.5".

Are they in some way a competitor of yours.
John can sometimes be his own worst competitor with the non-disclosure of specifications that people ask for in trying to make purchasing decisions. Long gone are the days where a vendor gets up here or anywhere else for that matter and says "mine's the best take my word for it". Telling me that your speaker handles 275 watts of power with a 7.25" diameter doesn't tell me squat about what I need to know in making a decision to buy a speaker.

I bought their 360 W amp and I love it. I am just waiting for them to come out with their new speakers for my 2014 Ultra limited.
you will also note in NONE of my posts have I EVER talked smack about his amps. They're good amps, no doubt, I've had them myself.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:12 AM
EasternPC_Forum
Former Sponsor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

is 5% off better than your eBay deals Brian?
Yes this would be a greater discount on pretty much all of the J&M parts that are listed on Ebay

Old 11-22-2013, 11:53 AM
_Daswine_
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you a vendor of amps and or speakers? I have looked back at your previous post and it seems like anytime J&M are mentioned then you slam them. Are they in some way a competitor of yours. I bought their 360 W amp and I love it. I am just waiting for them to come out with their new speakers for my 2014 Ultra limited.

You sir are wrong, UN is a moderator in the audio forum as well as an audio guru who helps us newbs out in our time of need. He gets no compensation other then a smile from helping us out. I also believe UN has ran pretty much any/all configurations of stereo/speakers/amps imaginable! his knowledge is first hand and much appreciated...... He is not biased and has the BM best interest as well as wallet at heart.

Quick Reply: Louder Fairing Speakers??